Embed Facebook BBCode

Started by dougiefresh, July 11, 2015, 02:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paracelsus

Hi dougiefresh,

Your MOD works really well.  The only thing I noticed so far is the fact that embedded posts don't seem to scale/work responsive. Videos scale nicely, but not posts. According to facebook, "On mobile web, Embedded Posts automatically scale to the width of the container." (https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/embedded-posts) but it doesn't seem to work on mine.

dougiefresh

Quote from: Paracelsus on August 01, 2016, 07:42:50 PM
Hi dougiefresh,

Your MOD works really well.  The only thing I noticed so far is the fact that embedded posts don't seem to scale/work responsive. Videos scale nicely, but not posts. According to facebook, "On mobile web, Embedded Posts automatically scale to the width of the container." (https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/embedded-posts) but it doesn't seem to work on mine.
I'll work on this request.  I've got to perform some magic mumbo-jumbo in order to get everything to work properly, though....

dougiefresh

Uploaded v3.4 - September 26th, 2016
o Altered code to make regular and permalink post URLs responsive.
o Altered code to make video URLs responsive using Facebook code.
o Fixed regex pattern to accept photo.php URLs without the theater param.
o Removed BBCode-Facebook2.css from the mod, since it was unused.

Quote from: Paracelsus on August 01, 2016, 07:42:50 PM
The only thing I noticed so far is the fact that embedded posts don't seem to scale/work responsive.
Thank you for the bug report!  I'm pretty sure I've fixed it with this version....

villasg

Hi.
thanks for the update .
I ask you , need remove the old ( 3.2 ) version and install the new or its simple to replace the file :  Subs-BBCode-Facebook.php ?

Thanks 

Ps i ask the same for the mod : EMBED INSTAGRAM BBCODE v1.19 ( to make  update from 1.18 )

dougiefresh

Quote from: villasg on September 27, 2016, 07:58:36 AM
I ask you , need remove the old ( 3.2 ) version and install the new or its simple to replace the file :  Subs-BBCode-Facebook.php ?
Ps i ask the same for the mod : EMBED INSTAGRAM BBCODE v1.19 ( to make  update from 1.18 )
I don't believe either mod changed anything other than the Subs-BBCode-Facebook.php file (and Subs-BBCode-Instagram.php for the Embed Instagram BBCode mod).  So you should be able to upgrade simply by replacing the old file with the new.....

Tiribulus

Do you know why I'm getting [ Invalid Facebook URL ] ?

Thanks  :)

dougiefresh

Quote from: Tiribulus on November 29, 2016, 05:07:07 PM
Do you know why I'm getting [ Invalid Facebook URL ] ?
Probably because there are other possiblities that the mod doesn't recognize as valid.  I can't fix the mod without more information, such as the URL you are trying to use.....

Tiribulus

Sorry man. I guess the address would have been good huh?  O:)

https://www.facebook.com/grayson.gilbert.585

dougiefresh

Quote from: Tiribulus on November 29, 2016, 09:25:35 PM
Sorry man. I guess the address would have been good huh?  O:)

https://www.facebook.com/grayson.gilbert.585
Yeah.  The URL is helpful....  The reason that the mod is giving you that response is that the URL is pointing to your Facebook page, not a specific post.  You need to specify a Facebook post.  The easiest method of getting a post URL from Facebook is right-clicking on the time underneath the Facebook name (in this case: Grayson Gilbert), then paste it where you want it in your post.

Tiribulus

Oh, it has to be a post. I didn't realize that. Sorry and thanks :)

I'll give it a try

Xpresskonami

This mod is not displaying on my forum. it only gives blank page

nsno

would it be possible to embed events pages?

I'm not sure if Facebook offers the ability to do that mind?

here's an event page to see if it does?

https://www.facebook.com/events/443557269360601/

dougiefresh

Quote from: nsno on July 23, 2017, 08:04:51 AM
I modified the code to attempt to do so, and got the result shown in the attachment....

So, I did more digging on the internet.  I found this on How to Embed Facebook Events on a Site website:
The event page can't be embedded, but a post about the event can. If you can't easily find a post about the event you can create one. From the event page, copy the URL from your browser's address bar. Browse to the public page on Facebook to which you want to post the event. In the status box, type something about the event, and then paste in the URL of the event. Wait for Facebook to recognize the URL and generate a preview. After that you can delete the URL from the text of the post, if you wish, and the link will remain.
Hope this helps....

nsno

Quote from: dougiefresh on July 23, 2017, 10:44:35 AM
Quote from: nsno on July 23, 2017, 08:04:51 AM
I modified the code to attempt to do so, and got the result shown in the attachment....

So, I did more digging on the internet.  I found this on How to Embed Facebook Events on a Site website:
The event page can't be embedded, but a post about the event can. If you can't easily find a post about the event you can create one. From the event page, copy the URL from your browser's address bar. Browse to the public page on Facebook to which you want to post the event. In the status box, type something about the event, and then paste in the URL of the event. Wait for Facebook to recognize the URL and generate a preview. After that you can delete the URL from the text of the post, if you wish, and the link will remain.
Hope this helps....

great work, thank you

mkucuksari

Thanks for this great mod. Just installed and really like it much.

But just noticed that following facebook link gives " Invalid Facebook URL" error. Could you please check it and make it to work if possible ?

https://www.facebook.com/sabhelidivision/photos/pcb.1613093015377601/1613091855377717/?type=3&theater [nofollow]

dougiefresh

Uploaded v3.5 - November 22th, 2017
o Altered regex patterns to accept /photo/ URLs properly.

@mkucuksari:  Thank you for notifying me that a particular URL doesn't work with this mod.  It has fixed for this version!

villasg

Hi need remove the old and reinstall , or just replace the "Subs-BBCode-Facebook.php" in "./Sources" folder ?

dougiefresh

villasg

nice to know , i go to make the replace ! !!

mkucuksari

Quote from: dougiefresh on November 22, 2017, 09:50:32 AM
Uploaded v3.5 - November 22th, 2017
o Altered regex patterns to accept /photo/ URLs properly.

@mkucuksari:  Thank you for notifying me that a particular URL doesn't work with this mod.  It has fixed for this version!
What a great and fast support  :) It is working perfect now.

One more item I want to share.

Sometimes without writing any extra comments, we only want to share the Facebook link. But in that case, I get a warning that the message is empty.

Is it possible to fix this warning ? For example we can share a YouTube video or a picture link without writing an extra word.

Again many thanks for your great interest.

Advertisement: