News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

character URLs problems after paypal payment

Started by arabeskrap.gen.tr, July 15, 2015, 04:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arabeskrap.gen.tr

Quote from: Krash on July 17, 2015, 09:43:57 PM
While you're waiting, submit a support ticket to your host and ask if they're blocking PayPal IPNs.

Hi Krash!

No blocking my host.
PayPal did not send answers yet.

Sir Osis of Liver

Have sent an inquiry to PayPal merchant support.  Let me know if you receive a response.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

arabeskrap.gen.tr

Quote from: Krash on July 18, 2015, 03:00:12 PM
Have sent an inquiry to PayPal merchant support.  Let me know if you receive a response.
I'm waiting for answers PayPal ,
Notify you if you get RESULTS

Sir Osis of Liver

It's not a PayPal problem.  Modified subscriptions.php to force it to dump IPN data into error log, and your forum is receiving IPNs.  There's nothing wrong with the post data, it just doesn't work.  Subscription fails, no error.  Nothing wrong with your PayPal account, works fine on my test forum.  My PayPal account does not work on your forum, but sandbox does.  Nothing wrong in your database.  You're running on a Linux box, php 5.4.39, MySQL 5.0.10, nothing unusual there.  Everything on your server is in English, so not a language problem.

Interesting .......

- R. Waters

arabeskrap.gen.tr

Quote from: Krash on July 20, 2015, 12:17:30 AM
It's not a PayPal problem.  Modified subscriptions.php to force it to dump IPN data into error log, and your forum is receiving IPNs.  There's nothing wrong with the post data, it just doesn't work.  Subscription fails, no error.  Nothing wrong with your PayPal account, works fine on my test forum.  My PayPal account does not work on your forum, but sandbox does.  Nothing wrong in your database.  You're running on a Linux box, php 5.4.39, MySQL 5.0.10, nothing unusual there.  Everything on your server is in English, so not a language problem.

Interesting .......

PayPal did not send me the answer yet
What should we do now?

O:) O:) My site user boots
http://www.mixoloji.net/index.php?action=mlist

arabeskrap.gen.tr

Quote from: Krash on July 20, 2015, 12:17:30 AM

Interesting .......

My host;

Merhaba EMİRHAN Bey,

php 5.4.39, MySQL 5.0.10 Version installed on your system, The most current version.

Sir Osis of Liver

The problem seems to be host related, but still haven't pinned it down.  IPNs are not being blocked, they are reaching the forum but not being processed.  There's nothing wrong with the IPN post data, and it works fine on my test forum.  Will work on it tonight and see if I can determine why SMF can't process the IPN.

- R. Waters

Kindred

I wonder if it might be a mod_security thing?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

Don't think so.  Forum is receiving IPN, and I've forced it to dump the post data, which is correct and works on my test install.  Don't think it would get that far if mod_security were involved.  Having another go now, have a couple of ideas.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Oddly, the OP's live forum, and the clean install I did on his server, cannot send emails.  Getting a lot of errors like these -

http://www.mixoloji.net/forum/index.php?action=admin;area=viewmembers;sa=approve;type=approve
2: mail() has been disabled for security reasons
File: /home/uwymixol/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Line: 765

http://www.mixoloji.net/forum/index.php?action=admin;area=viewmembers;sa=approve;type=approve
Unable to send mail to the email address '[email protected]'

Don't see anything in forum config that could cause this.  Could possibly be related to Paid Subs problem, but I have all notifications disabled.

- R. Waters

Kindred

Oh bother.... yet another one of those idiotic hosts who feel that the php mail() routine is only used by spammers.

I will bet you that is the problem...   stupid hosts with overactive and badly configured security protocols
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

Actually, the email address is the only significant item that's different between the sandbox IPN that works, and the live IPN that doesn't.  mail() is not in any of the Paid Subs files, and all notifications are disabled, so it shouldn't try to send any emails when processing a subscription.

- R. Waters

margarett

Actually it is a possibility...
In subscriptions.php
emailAdmins('paid_subscription_new', $replacements, $notify_users);

But isn't the forum sending any emails? It might be worth to fix this issue before continuing.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sir Osis of Liver

All emails apparently are being blocked.  Any time any function tries to send email, the error is logged.  I have all admin notifications blocked in Paid Subs, and it would only execute emailAdmins() if there's a refund or a Paid Subs error is logged, neither of which is happening.  Also, a Paid Subs transaction does not log the email() disabled error.  PayPal informs me there are no known problems with hosts based in Turkey.

Will try to determine why test mode works.  Sandbox IPNs are processed normally, subscriptions activated.  May be able to hack a workaround.  Alternative would be to change hosts.

- R. Waters

arabeskrap.gen.tr

Quote from: Krash on July 21, 2015, 03:01:40 PM
All emails apparently are being blocked.  Any time any function tries to send email, the error is logged.  I have all admin notifications blocked in Paid Subs, and it would only execute emailAdmins() if there's a refund or a Paid Subs error is logged, neither of which is happening.  Also, a Paid Subs transaction does not log the email() disabled error.  PayPal informs me there are no known problems with hosts based in Turkey.

Will try to determine why test mode works.  Sandbox IPNs are processed normally, subscriptions activated.  May be able to hack a workaround.  Alternative would be to change hosts.

Hi Krash , PayPal sent me the answer; (This written language Turkish)

Düğme kodlarınızda charset değişkeni ile faklı bir encoding kullanıyorsanız, orada da utf-8 olarak değiştirin (charset=utf-8).

Buna ilave olarak, belirttiğiniz sıkıntı IPN ile değil, bir ödeme sonrası sitenize dönüş yapılan return URL'ye gönderilen değerlerle ilgili. Return URL olarak http://www.thekrashsite.com/smf20/index.php?action=profile;u=111;area=subscriptions;sub_id=6;done adresini kullandığınızı görüyorum. Query string parametrelerini ayırmak için noktalı virgül (semi-colon) kullandığınızı görüyorum. Her sunucu query parameter ayrımı için semi-colon karakterini desteklemez. Dolayısıyla, return URL'nizdeki semi-colon karakteri yerine & (ampersand) karakterini kullanırsanız dönüş adresindeki sıkıntının giderileceğini düşünüyorum.

Return URL olarak http://www.mixoloji.net/index.php?action=profile&u=13&area=subscriptions&sub_id=11&done adresini kullanarak kendi Sandbox düğmem ile bir deneme yaptım ve herhangi bir sıkıntı görmüyorum. Ekteki ekran görüntüsünü inceleyebilirsiniz.

Saygılarımla,
Orçun
PayPal MTS

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

If they are suggesting it's an encoding problem, I don't believe it is.  At some point in the code, urlencode() is used, which changes some of the characters, but both of those links work, so it's not a problem. 

What I can't figure out is why sandbox subscription works, but regular transaction doesn't.  The only difference in test mode is target url for posting payment data to PayPal is www.sandbox/paypal.com/..... instead of www.paypal.com/...., which is done in Subscriptions-PayPal.php.  Everything else is the same.  The sandbox IPN is basically the same as a regular IPN, and is processed the same way.  The code doesn't know it's a test IPN.  Only significant difference is that receiver email address is different, but your PayPal address works on my test installs, so it's not a problem with your account (my account also doesn't work on your forum). 

I have not (yet) found where the subscription is failing.  It's possible that it's related to host security, but I don't see how it could be blocking a normal subscription and not a sandbox sub, since they're both the same on the receiving end.

- R. Waters

arabeskrap.gen.tr

Quote from: Krash on July 22, 2015, 01:38:03 PM
If they are suggesting it's an encoding problem, I don't believe it is.  At some point in the code, urlencode() is used, which changes some of the characters, but both of those links work, so it's not a problem. 

What I can't figure out is why sandbox subscription works, but regular transaction doesn't.  The only difference in test mode is target url for posting payment data to PayPal is www.sandbox/paypal.com/..... instead of www.paypal.com/...., which is done in Subscriptions-PayPal.php.  Everything else is the same.  The sandbox IPN is basically the same as a regular IPN, and is processed the same way.  The code doesn't know it's a test IPN.  Only significant difference is that receiver email address is different, but your PayPal address works on my test installs, so it's not a problem with your account (my account also doesn't work on your forum). 

I have not (yet) found where the subscription is failing.  It's possible that it's related to host security, but I don't see how it could be blocking a normal subscription and not a sandbox sub, since they're both the same on the receiving end.
Paypal Support;
Instead of the semi-colon character in the URL return & (ampersand) If you use the characters to resolve the problems in the return address, I think.

Sir Osis of Liver

Do you have IPN enabled on your PayPal account?  It's not necessary, and would be better disabled.  The return url is fine, if it were not, IPNs would not be reaching the forum.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: