News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Embed Tumblr BBCode

Started by dougiefresh, July 15, 2015, 07:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja ZX-10RR

Sorry if it sounded rude, didn't mean to. Hmm no idea, nothing in error log? Did you actually enable it, too?
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

JTVaughn

Nothing in error log, definitely enabled under the BBCode section in admin.

Is it because I'm still using SMF 2.0.9?

Ninja ZX-10RR

Not at all, but you should update nonetheless :P
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.2 - September 11th, 2015
o Fixed mod so that Tumblr posts are correctly embedded in the post.

@JTVaughn:  Thank you for the bug report.  It's been fixed for this version... I don't know where that missing piece of code disappeared to, but I put it back in the mod and now it works again....

Quote from: JTVaughn on September 11, 2015, 08:46:17 AM
This mod should work for any of the SMF 2.0.x line, as well as the SMF 2.1 line.  It hasn't been tested for use with SMF 1.x and won't be supported in those lines.  Yes, I agree with Ninja ZX-10RR that you should upgrade to SMF 2.0.10....

JTVaughn

Quote from: dougiefresh on September 11, 2015, 09:26:36 AM
Uploaded v2.2 - September 11th, 2015
o Fixed mod so that Tumblr posts are correctly embedded in the post.

@JTVaughn:  Thank you for the bug report.  It's been fixed for this version... I don't know where that missing piece of code disappeared to, but I put it back in the mod and now it works again....

Quote from: JTVaughn on September 11, 2015, 08:46:17 AM
This mod should work for any of the SMF 2.0.x line, as well as the SMF 2.1 line.  It hasn't been tested for use with SMF 1.x and won't be supported in those lines.  Yes, I agree with Ninja ZX-10RR that you should upgrade to SMF 2.0.10....

Thank you, it works now  :D

One little kink though, for tumblr posts with multiple images (for example, this one: http://thedailylaughs.tumblr.com/post/128823443233) the embed only shows the first image. Is that on purpose? Or could it be tweaked to show the whole image series from the post?

dougiefresh

Quote from: JTVaughn on September 11, 2015, 09:35:54 AM
One little kink though, for tumblr posts with multiple images (for example, this one: http://thedailylaughs.tumblr.com/post/128823443233) the embed only shows the first image. Is that on purpose? Or could it be tweaked to show the whole image series from the post?
Well, as stated in this thread, the Javascript used is not very cooperative, so I'm not surprised at this particular bug report.  I'm sure it's by design of the author's of the service (which is NOT me!) and there is nothing I can do about this particular report.....

This being stated, I'm planning on doing a rewrite of the mod (yes, another rewrite.... sigh) to address as many issues as I can fix with it.  I've gotta fix 2 other mods before I can revisit this mod for anything other than bug fixes....

JTVaughn

Quote from: dougiefresh on September 11, 2015, 09:58:30 AM
Quote from: JTVaughn on September 11, 2015, 09:35:54 AM
Well, as stated in this thread, the Javascript used is not very cooperative, so I'm not surprised at this particular bug report.  I'm sure it's by design of the author's of the service (which is NOT me!) and there is nothing I can do about this particular report.....

This being stated, I'm planning on doing a rewrite of the mod (yes, another rewrite.... sigh) to address as many issues as I can fix with it.  I've gotta fix 2 other mods before I can revisit this mod for anything other than bug fixes....

Thank you, I'm not very knowledgeable about all this so I appreciate the clarification  :)

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.3 - September 25th, 2015
o Fixed auto-embedding issue where URLs inside code tags where auto-linked.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.4 - October 2nd, 2015
o Rewrote auto-embedding code to deal with line-breaks and duplicate closing brackets.

@Everybody: This update fixes the auto-embed code so that tags and URLs like the following are correctly dealt with:
Code (Line break after URL) Select
[tumblr]{link here}
[/tumblr]

Code (Line break before URL) Select
[tumblr]
{link here}[/tumblr]

Code (Line break before and after URL) Select
[tumblr]
{link here}
[/tumblr]

Ninja ZX-10RR

*critical issue*
This mod along with the other embed Instagram (and perhaps any others from you with similar coding) // Embed Instagram URLs in the instagram bbcode tags:
BBCode_Instagram_Embed($message);

// Embed Tumblr URLs in the Tumblr bbcode tags:
BBCode_Tumblr_Embed($message);
breaks the admin BBC interface at action=admin;area=postsettings;sa=bbc; please fix this.
Thanks in advance.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

dougiefresh

I'm guessing you have mod version 2.0 installed, because that particular issue was addressed in version 2.1.  I would recommend upgrading your mod to the latest version.

dougiefresh

@Ninja ZX-10RR: Yay!  I finally figured out how to get the CSS to load properly....  Just had to delay the mod's CSS loading by about 2 seconds....  An update will follow with the changes later today....

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.5 - December 1st, 2015
o Added CSS to make the Embed.ly javascript responsive!  Thanks, Ninja ZX-10RR!!!
o Fixed issue with auto-embed where Tumblr tags were removed from code tags.
o Modified auto-embed function for use as a hook with SMF 2.1.

@Ninja ZX-10RR: I figured out how to detect the CSS elements by classname, then once they are in place, I load our CSS file so that the Embed.ly stuff is now responsive!  Solved!  Thank you very much for the CSS stuff!

Ninja ZX-10RR

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.6 - March 7th, 2016
o Modified auto-embed code so that Tumblr URLs in signature are embedded as [url]{link}[/url].

JF3000

Looks like they changed the way images get displayed, you no longer get an image but text asking you to Read this on tumblr.com >

dougiefresh

Quote from: JF3000 on September 07, 2016, 05:53:36 PM
Looks like they changed the way images get displayed, you no longer get an image but text asking you to Read this on tumblr.com >
Can you give me the URL that you're using?

nax

Brilliant so far and easy to use.

nax

Can you tell me do the height and width variables work with videos ? [tumblr width=x height=x]{tumblr URL}[/tumblr] only when I try is seems to make no difference I usually only use the height parameter. so

[tumblr]http://datboigavin.tumblr.com/post/163850355370/hes-on-his-way-to-greatness[/tumblr] works fine but if I want to reduce the sie of the video displayed by using [tumblr height=250]http://datboigavin.tumblr.com/post/163850355370/hes-on-his-way-to-greatness[/tumblr] all that shows in the post is [tumblr height=250]http://datboigavin.tumblr.com/post/163850355370/hes-on-his-way-to-greatness[/tumblr]

I am assuming the height/width variable x is pixels.

dougiefresh

I'd have to look at the code and see what the problem is.  I'll do so when I get home at 10pm.  (It's 3:30 now)

Advertisement: