News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Forum Photo Gallery

Started by melanie1986, July 16, 2015, 02:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

melanie1986

Hi all, its been a long time since I've plagued you with my inane questions so I thought it was about time I did so again.  O:)

Many years ago I was a member of GateWorld forum (on VB4) and one of the features that attracted me to it and many others I know is the media gallery they host. Essentially if you're on their web page http://www.gateworld.net/ you'll see a tab "gallery"
http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/ So my question is, can we do anything like that on SMF2.0

Thank you for you time

Mels

Shambles

What's wrong with SMF Gallery?

...works great for my forum.

melanie1986

Thanks for that. I looked and couldn't find what I was exactly looking for. So I'll ask some questions. Does it have its own unique tab? Can I lock it out so that only admins can add to it? Can I remove the comments panel? We have a good member profile mod so we don't need that for them, what I am wanting is something like the Gate World example I posted the link to.

Illori

maybe you should setup a test forum where you can install the mod and check out its features for yourself?

Shambles

melanie1986

I think we did have one of those ages ago, I'm not sure if its still valid though. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to set it up and if its not what I'm looking for I can always remove it :)

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

br360

Quote from: melanie1986 on July 16, 2015, 03:53:54 PM
Thanks for that. I looked and couldn't find what I was exactly looking for. So I'll ask some questions. Does it have its own unique tab? Can I lock it out so that only admins can add to it? Can I remove the comments panel?

Like Illori said; you can check it out to test the features, but the answer to all of your questions is yes. It does have its own tab, you can set permissions so that only admins can add pics, and you can remove the comments panel (although that would require a small code edit)

melanie1986

Thank you all for your help, I think that may well be the answer I was looking for. I will annoy you more most likely soon and I'll do that back up, its been about 2 weeks since the last one.  :)

melanie1986

Okie dokies, I knew I would be back. So far everything looks okay except this

melanie1986

As you can see its gone all wonko, the Ultimate Profile page is the same. Its not affecting anything else though.

vbgamer45

I see the issue. Open your themes/default/languages/who.english.php find

?>

Move all the way to the end of the file.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Advertisement: