News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF 2.1 Beta 2 Released

Started by Oldiesmann, July 16, 2015, 05:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMike

Thank you for all the hard work SMF. We know SMF 2.1.x is going to be AMAZING and because I currently do not have time to offer support, I will wait very patiently for the next generation of BY FAR AND WIDE my #1 favorite forum software.

I've only viewed this thread a couple times and I can't believe people complaining. If this is of any consolation to the SMF team, speaking as an officially registered SMF Big Forum now with over 1-million posts, there are literally millions of people who appreciate all you guys do for the open source community!!!!!

Quote from: Siirist on July 06, 2016, 12:35:05 AM
...that they could be spending with their wives and children...
Hey Siirist, so what about the female developers? :laugh: :laugh:

Regards,
BigMike

studentforums

Can we have a chat feature as part of core?
And a blog feature as part of core?
I only help those that help themselves. I suppose I am a bit like GOD that way.
If you realise anything useful, say something useful and help someone else.

Student forum for GCSE, IGCSE, IB, O & A Level and University Students

Illori

Quote from: studentforums on July 21, 2016, 10:10:35 AM

no and no.

studentforums

I only help those that help themselves. I suppose I am a bit like GOD that way.
If you realise anything useful, say something useful and help someone else.

Student forum for GCSE, IGCSE, IB, O & A Level and University Students

Arantor

They were never going to be, these do not benefit even a modest fraction of the user base and belong as mods for this reason.

nend

Quote from: studentforums on July 21, 2016, 10:10:35 AM
SMF (Simple Machines Forum) not SMC (Simple Machines Chat) or SMB (Simple Machines Blog).

I don't see it so far fetch in the future, hopefully with 3.0 the core can be separated from the forum. As for a chat extension being supplied by SM, I doubt. A blog extensions though wouldn't be out of the question.

However that is still a long ways in the future and I can't talk for the development team on features planned in any upcoming SMF version. 2.x will always be a forum, I'll guarantee it.  ;)

b33z

Very cool SMF Team! Thanks for the hard work!

Irisado

Topic split and merged into SMF 2.1 Progression Discussion.  Please use that topic for debate and discussion about the release schedule, not this one.  Thank you.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

smartdaz9682

Please for the love of god can you impliment horizontal in line thumbnails when photos are attached and finally get rid of the horrible vertical on top of eachother way thats been used up till now.

Monitors are wide now days. They can handle more than one thumbnail per line.  It was easy to change in every version up until this one by messing around with the display.template file which now seems to be impossible

Illori

that has been added already to SMF 2.1.

Arantor

Monitors are very wide. Yet a lot of people use mobiles which aren't very wide...

Kindred

and, actually, it is SIMPLE to do, even in 2.0.x with a simple CSS change -- not need to change the template at all
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jlgreer1

Great job SMF developers. SMF has always been one of the best.

Thank you,
Jeff

live627

Quote from: Illori on August 07, 2016, 06:17:12 PM
that has been added already to SMF 2.1.
I think he means the standard attachment display underneath the main post content.

visor123

When will the official release SMF 2.1 Beta 3?

Illori

yesdude88

Awesome! Keep up the good work!

Yuvaraj06

TomW

Is Beta 3 going to be released ?   I don't see any open issues in GIT pertaining to Beta 3.

Advertisement: