News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Import database

Started by KimSch, July 17, 2015, 11:20:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KimSch

Hey,

I tried to upgrade SMF 1.1 SMF 2.0.10, it went very badly so I installed a new SMF 2.0.10.
In SMF 1.1 I had an import button, that I do not see in SMF 2.0.10.

I do not have access to the database - I have some info to write into eg. SMF so SMF can talk with the database.

When I do not have an import button and do not have access to the database, how to import the database backup then?

I really miss that import button there was in 1.1.

BR
Kim

Illori

Quote from: KimSch on July 17, 2015, 11:20:44 AM

SMF has never had an import option for the database.

Kindred

Illori is correct. There has never been (and will never be, quite likely) an "import database" action within SMF.

in order to even WORK AT ALL, SMF *MUST* have connection to a valid, correctly versioned database that was either imported/set up ahead of time or is set up during the install process.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

KimSch

Quote from: Illori on July 17, 2015, 11:23:04 AM
Quote from: KimSch on July 17, 2015, 11:20:44 AM

SMF has never had an import option for the database.
That was not my questions but okey ::)
I have used it when I moved the forum from one domain to another, sorry I don't have a SS of that button.

Back to my questions:
How do I import the database backup when I only have that few info?

margarett

You need server access, there is no other way...

You either can restore it through your host control panel or phpmyadmin, or with an external PHP tool like mysqldumper
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

KimSch

Okey, thanks for your answer margarett.

Sir Osis of Liver

If you import a 1.1.x database into a 2.0.x install, you will not be happy.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kindred

Quote from: Krash on July 17, 2015, 02:05:25 PM
If you import a 1.1.x database into a 2.0.x install, you will not be happy.

this is true....

you would have to run upgrade.php ti update the database to the proper 2.0.x configuration
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

KimSch

Okey, many thanks for the info :)

Jade Elizabeth

What caused your botched upgrade? We might be able to fix it.

Also, if it was the page displaying weirdly then it's just the files that need to be overwritten, and your data is fine. If there's errors in the upgrade process we can fix those too.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Advertisement: