[FREE]New Install/Database Export

Started by Miker1029, July 18, 2015, 10:47:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miker1029

Paid: No, Should be Standard on ALL Forums out there....

Version 2.0.10

DESCRIPTION:

Pretty simple Idea, I had been running Another forum for about 8 Months, Then Switched (and Converted the Database) to SMF 2.0.9., Now Being NEW to SMF I did what I would Imagine most do, I started Modding a Adding/Changing things to the Way I Liked...

Well Now that I have over 1700 Users, I have LOTS Of ERRORS in the LOGS, Assuming from MODS, IN the Beginning I didn't know what I was doing with SMF, and It's been SO long I don't know WHAT MOD Could POSSIBLE be Causing the ISSUES....

SO Now the IDEA!! And It should be pretty simple CONVERSION (Seeing how you have a conversion utility from a BUNCH of Forums to SMF) Make a MOD, Or an Official SMF Script that will go in AND EXPORT ALL THE ORIGINAL (NEW INSTALL) Information from an OLD/Existing Database...

INSTALL A FRESH Version Of SMF, IMPORT THE DATABASE... And now you have a Clean Database With ALL Of YOUR USERS,POSTS,ATTACHMENTS, Etc...

And Of course I'm sure you'll loose some stuff in the Process (Maybe Clickable Options and you can "TRY IT" and see), But to Have a Clean Install With all Users/Posts/Forums/Etc, Would be GREAT!!

With that (NOW THAT I KINDA KNOW WHAT I'M DOING!!!), I can Slowly add my Themes/Mods, Check error logs (That I never did before..) AND have the forum run Cleaner and Better...

ADMIN/OWNER Permission Only.

FEATURES:

Maybe Selectable Export?!?!

Users Yes
Post Yes
Forums Yes
MODS No
Attachments No

Etc...

Miker1029

NICE!!  I'll give it a shot on my localhost and see how it works, Gonna be ALOT of Re-editing of files by hand, but at this point it might be worth it.....

Appreciate the LINK!! Really looks like exactly what I need.

Mike

Miker1029

Hey got a Question, And now this will make it off topic, Should I take it to the Open Forum??

I download the .tar.gz of my Forum, it's 466 MB, 8-O , That's with sources and packages, and Deleted ALL Unnecessary stuff, In the Thread you provided it says to do the "virgin" install, leave out Sources and Packages, I was thinking (since I'm testing this local), to go ahead and put them in, but with SourcesBU, and PackagesBU...

Sound like it might work?? 

What I really Need out of this, Is Users, Posts, Forums, and Downloads From The Download MOD by SMFHacks, and CRIP's Darknight Theme (supposed to be Base core 2.0, Which From what I've seen It is), That's how I'd "LIKE" to start it off......

Ideas??

And It Might Be Good To keep this here, Because maybe someone will make a MOD that does it.... Who Knows....

But I feel NOW, I'm in the wrong spot to be asking these questions....

Mike

Miker1029

Update On This, WOW!!! Is all I can say, I don't think I've ever gone through anything as PAINLESS as that was, and Now MODS that Didn't work Newsletter Mail-List, Ajax-Chat, And A few others, work fine!  AND Nothing In the Error Logs!

And didn't reinstall any of the stuff I did in the Beginning that I thought "WAS COOL", Got it like I want it (for now).

I know I got a Bunch of OLD stuff in the DB, but That'll be a Project for another day....

Gonna Mark This Solved.

MODS:If you want to move this some where with more visibility, This Didn't turn out as I expected when I posted for a MOD request...

Mike

dougiefresh

I'm happy that I was able to help.  My only concern is that the mods that have "installed" on your new forum aren't working 100% due to the code changes that "never" took place before they were never properly installed on the new forum.  You may want to double-check, cause sometimes those changes are necessary for the mod to do it's work correctly.....  Without knowing what mods you have and whether they are all hook-based or not, it would be impossible for me to correctly assess your situation....

Miker1029

Well These are the Packages I have in NOW, (Compared to probably Double that on the old one)

Mod Name Version
1. SA Chat 1.0a1 Rev120 [ Uninstall ]
2. Ad Managment 3.2 [ Uninstall ]
3. InLine Attachments 1.2.1 [ Uninstall ]
4. EzPortal 3.0.3 [ Uninstall ]
5. Topic Solved 1.1.1 [ Uninstall ]
6. Say Thanks 1.3 [ Uninstall ]
7. SA Twitter 1.2 [ Uninstall ]
8. SA GPlus 0.3 REV 9 [ Uninstall ]
9. Share This Topic 4.1.2 [ Uninstall ]
10. SMF Mailing List Mod 2.02 [ Uninstall ]
11. Yarex 2 smiley set 2.0.0.1 [ Uninstall ]
12. KeyCAPTCHA for SMF 2.10 [ Uninstall ]
13. Menu Editor Lite 1.0.5 [ Uninstall ]
14. Downloads System 2.5 [ Uninstall ]

And yes I understand you can't check all that, BUT what Type of Behavior should I look out for??

I did Remove All Hooks in the repair_settings.php file, And Re-Installed What I wanted, and checked settings in the Installs. Things Like "Inline Attachment" Don't work NOW, But if I modify the existing post and resave it works...  Everything "SEEMS" fine...

Should I just keep an Eye-out For Functionality?

Thanks For the Info!

Mike

dougiefresh

My bad....  I assumed from your text that you were assuming the mods you had install prior to resetting the forum still worked and that you didn't reinstall them.....

Miker1029

Not a Problem, I probably didn't put it out there right, I do have that problem, LOL, I just Stumbled Upon your INLINE PM/Attachment MOD, So You'll be seeing me there in the next couple days 8-)

Mike

Advertisement: