SMF as OAuth client

Started by TiMESPLiNTER, July 19, 2015, 09:29:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TiMESPLiNTER

Hi :-)

I'm running an own OAuth server to authenticate a user across all my softwares like chat, simple machine forum, gallery and so on.

What I like to know is if there is anywhere a sample implementation of an OAuth provider like Facebook which allows me to adapt it to my own OAuth server.

Users should be able to authenticate against the SMF using my OAuth server. If they never have used the SMF an account should be created based on the data given by my OAuth server.

Any hint or advice would be much appreciated. Thx in advance :-)

Illori

have you looked at the mod site? i believe there is at least one mod that auths with facebook. SMF 2.0 by default also has the ability to register with OpenID [and login] maybe looking at the code for that would help you?

TiMESPLiNTER

@Illori: Thx for your answer. Actually Open-ID is fix integrated into the code of the SMF and will be removed in 2.1.x.

I thought there is probably someone who integrated his own OAuth server and can share his mod code. I looked into the FB Connect mod. But it looks very complicated.

Illori

Quote from: TiMESPLiNTER on July 19, 2015, 06:34:11 PM
@Illori: Thx for your answer. Actually Open-ID is fix integrated into the code of the SMF and will be removed in 2.1.x.

not will be, it is 100% already removed in 2.1.

margarett

Well there is honestly no "easy" way of doing it...
For 2.0.x you can still use OpenID (and note that 2.0.x will still be supported for many years).

For 2.1 and following you need to integrate your authentication mechanism against SMF's hooks and just allow your authenticated users in SMF. The hooks are there but it the integration is, unfortunately, not as easy as it would seem (probably like in any other system...)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

live627

What I like to know is if there is anywhere a sample implementation of an OAuth provider like Facebook which allows me to adapt it to my own OAuth server.

Users should be able to authenticate against the SMF using my OAuth server. If they never have used the SMF an account should be created based on the data given by my OAuth server.
You can adapt https://github.com/live627/smf-steam-auth

Advertisement: