News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Looking to upgrade my forum.

Started by tmlfever, July 21, 2015, 10:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmlfever

How this request is in the correct place and my apologies in advance if it isn't.

Can anyone help me with an upgrade?

The forum to be upgraded is: www.tmlforum.net/index.php

Can it be done without affecting the existing forum look and features as my forum is pretty modified?

How much will you charge? (***limited budget***)

Also, I need to fix my code so it passes validation.

Thanks
Tony

Feel free to ask questions her or please contact me for private discussion.

"Every time you wake up, ask yourself, "What good am I going to do today?", remember that when the sun goes down at sunset, it will take a part of your life with it."

I've seen the Leaf jersey everywhere from Kabul to Tonga. I've never seen it in a Stanley Cup final.

Irisado

I've taken the e-mail address out of your post to prevent spammers from filling up your inbox.

By help, do you want people to post replies to explain to you how to upgrade, or do you want someone to have access to your forum to actually do the upgrade for you.

If it's the latter, I'll move this to the Help Wanted board.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

margarett

Quote from: tmlfever on July 21, 2015, 10:04:17 AM
Can it be done without affecting the existing forum look and features as my forum is pretty modified?
Most likely not... We can help you doing it, we might even do it for you.
But after upgrade, what you get is a "default-looking" forum.

So, before you do that, you need to carefully choose a theme that is *looked* like yours, pick a list of your currently installed MODs and check if they have 2.0.x versions, then setup a copy of your current forum (database+files) and upgrade *THAT COPY*.

When you customize your upgraded forum and you are ready with the result, you can then do the upgrade on the "live" forum.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Antes

Porting current theme probably cost nearly 100$
Upgrade & Fix validation costs 100$
Based on the custom code you have (or mods) they also need fixing/porting or installing new versions that means 30$ x hour of work

is kinda total 250+$.

Still I or anyone is gonna take the job needs to know what mod/custom code your site has.

tmlfever

Thanks to all for your input, I will let you know when I am ready to move on this.

tony

"Every time you wake up, ask yourself, "What good am I going to do today?", remember that when the sun goes down at sunset, it will take a part of your life with it."

I've seen the Leaf jersey everywhere from Kabul to Tonga. I've never seen it in a Stanley Cup final.

Advertisement: