Using SMF in HTML

Started by demonxanx, July 22, 2015, 02:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

demonxanx

Hey guys! I just have a quick question, I want to create a quick page where when click on it will display the info of the users that are in the groups I want to display.
So basically what I mean by that is, I want a normal user to go on the page and it will display info of members who are in the specified member groups.

Thanks in advance.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

demonxanx

Quote from: Kindred on July 22, 2015, 02:37:05 PM
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Category:SSI

Thank you for your help but unfortunately it still doesn't tell me how I can do what I requested, I'm really new to SMF and I literally have no idea, I'm going to need more help unfortunately sorry.

Illori

maybe some more details as to exactly what you want to show and we can help you further. is this a page within your SMF? what exactly shows on the page when who visits it?

Kindred

<?php
require_once('path/to/SSI.php');

$groupIDs 1,4,10;
ssi_fetchGroupMembers($groupIDs);

?>

where $groupIDs is the groupID number of the group(s) that you want displayed

this won't work on an HTML page - it must be a PHP page... but it works outside of SMF itself -- hence the call for SSI
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

demonxanx

Ok so, I've got SMF on my website, when I go into admin->simpleportal->pages->add page, I can add a page.
Within the page that I can add, I want to have this staff list written in HTML of the selected groups that I want to display. So basically, I tell the code to take info from a certain membergroup by using it's group ID and displaying the users of that group and their contents, i.e posts and stuff like that.

Illori

demonxanx

Quote from: Kindred on July 22, 2015, 03:05:09 PM

<?php
require_once('path/to/SSI.php');

$groupIDs 1,4,10;
ssi_fetchGroupMembers($groupIDs);

?>

where $groupIDs is the groupID number of the group(s) that you want displayed

this won't work on an HTML page - it must be a PHP page... but it works outside of SMF itself -- hence the call for SSI

Yes! this is exactly what I needed thank you so much. Now sorry for being a little noobish here but once I fetch all the group ids how would I display them?

Kindred

or the SSI function that I just described, Illori...

demonxanx...   you have to identify the groups for the array...   the system then pulls the group members.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: