Viewing SWF Files

Started by MaryLouW, July 22, 2015, 04:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaryLouW

Is it possible to view .swf files on the forum?  I did check to see if there was a mod but couldn't find anything.  We do a lot of animation on my forum but cannot display the .swf files.  This would be a welcome feature.

Illori

you can enable embedding flash files, but it is a security risk in doing so.

MaryLouW

Okay, where do I enable this?  I looked through the various options but didn't see anything.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

MaryLouW

Thank you!  I just discovered that I have this already installed but it's an older version.  Mashby must have done that for me because we couldn't videos and it magically showed up.  I never actually looked at it until today.  I noticed there is a message saying to download and install the latest version.  Do I need to uninstall the old one first? 

vbgamer45

Depends if you can I would suggest it if possible.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

MaryLouW

Thank you!  Yes, I can uninstall it but will write down all the things that are checked and add the .swf to the list.   Our animators are going to be very happy with this!! 

MaryLouW

I must be doing something wrong or I'm not understanding something.   When I uploaded my .swf file, then clicked on it, it wants me to run a local program to view it, which I don't have.  I thought it would work like the youtube files but apparently not.  Can you steer me in the right direction please?

Advertisement: