News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF 2.1 Beta 2 'like'

Started by a10, July 25, 2015, 06:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

a10

Member name overlap avatar, see attach.
w8.1, text 125%, FF 39
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Illori

what page has this issue? you really are not showing enough to tell us where this issue is.

also if you are increasing the zoom, i dont think we can make SMF work with all different zooms.

a10

Sorry, thought you'd recognize the like overview popup. Click "x other person like this" (logged in) 'x people like this' (guest).

Same overlap with w7\w8 no zoom, IE & FF no zoom.
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Illori

here with firefox on windows 7 and no overlap at all even without zoom.

do you have your font size increased in windows?

we could possibly add some more space between the avatar and name since there is so much space between the name/group name and the date stamp.

a10

Here's another snip from stock w7\IE11 on another laptop, no zoom anywhere. Remark the label (Administrator) under the username is ok.

Ricky.

Why you are not ready to show properly, may be little larger portion or may be link to forum ?

a10

?? See attachments, the overlap of 1st letter of member name. Happens on any like popup on any pc here at any screen resolution.

Did another test with some other avatars, even more overlap, the text placement does not take into account the size of the avatar.

Kindred

do note.... I can not seem to recreate this using any of my systems...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

a10

Text is probably correct, it's the avatar 'miniatures' that somehow grow too large. The original avatar setting here is 160 x 160. The 2.1 testforum is not open to public, anyone wants access to see what's going on pm me for info.

For comparision here's a snip of the http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3708 mod popup used with 2.0.1, no problems there.

margarett

That is odd and I also can't reproduce it :(

I made an avatar of 160x160px like you suggested but it still shows fine
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

a10 -- try on my test site
test2.turtleshellprod.com
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

a10

Problem am seeing here is related to original avatar format. 100 x 100, 100 X 160, 160 x 160 etc is fine.

But 'rectangular' horizontal avatars, example w 160 x h 100, creates that wide thumb that overlaps text on right side.

Probably using only the height as reference for creation of thumb, it 'forgets' that there is text on the right side :O)

Hopefully someone will replicate it one day :O) (or find the problem at my end).
Try with some wide 'landscape' avatars, not square nor portrait.

margarett

And we have a winner!!! :)

Thank you for insisting. It is indeed a bug

edit: https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues/2947

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

a10

:D Good, that the topic has been useful.

margarett

Advertisement: