Forum Error Log: tapatalk related smartbanner issue

Started by TKG26, July 25, 2015, 09:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TKG26

So i uninstalled and deleted all traces of Tapatalk.. ITs been 15minutes and no more mobi errors showing up..

So the errors I am still getting are:

QuoteApply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member Guest
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 180.180.105.173   
   Reverse chronological order of list Today at 08:50:18 PM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session 59999966e8d0718e696a867d447974c2
Apply Filter: Only show the errors of this type Type of error: Undefined
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URLhttp://www.rcottawa.com/forum/index.php?action=registerApply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message8: Undefined offset: 130Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /home3/tkg/public_html/forum/Themes/default/languages/Login.english-utf8.php
Line: 38

Right now there are 24 in the past 15 or so minutes. Guest seems to be the common issue right now..

This one seems to appear with user names

QuoteApply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member julien
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 70.49.54.231   
   Reverse chronological order of list Today at 08:55:39 PM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session b040676b5ed2f43be551685761a47dd6
Apply Filter: Only show the errors of this type Type of error: Undefined
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URLhttp://www.rcottawa.com/forum/index.php?Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message8: Undefined index: imageApply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /home3/tkg/public_html/forum/Themes/GrayStyle1/index.template.php
Line: 188

TKG26

Hope you all don't mind me responding with updates as i trouble shoot this..

TAPTALK mod is still removed.(Ill re install later to test if i can clean up the other issues)

I found from the author of my them found here:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=458275.0

That there was a known issue with the index.template.php file he had uploaded a fresh version of it some time ago. I uploaded it as a replacement to mine and after about 30 mins or so i no longer get that  index.template.php  error

Now it would seem that i am only getting the language error that i posted above. Again mostly from guests well currently all 20 errors are from guests.   below is the details that come up from the error. I wonder if it has anything to do with spam bots attempting to register? I use bad behavior but mabye these errors are a result of them getting kicked? I dont know im just thinking out loud here :)

Quote: /home3/tkg/public_html/forum/Themes/default/languages/Login.english-utf8.php
Line: 44

Quote23:   $txt['login_or_register'] = 'register an account';
24:   $txt['login_with_forum'] = 'with ' . $context['forum_name'] . '.';
25:   // Use numeric entities in the below two strings.
26:   $txt['may_change_in_profile'] = 'You may change it after you login by going to the profile page, or by visiting this page after you login:';
27:   $txt['your_username_is'] = 'Your username is: ';
28:   $txt[730] = 'That email address (%s) is being used by a registered member already. If you feel this is a mistake, go to the login page and use the password reminder with that address.';
29:   
30:   $txt['login_hash_error'] = 'Password security has recently been upgraded.  Please enter your password again.';
31:   
32:   $txt['register_age_confirmation'] = 'I am at least %d years old';
33:   
34:   // Use numeric entities in the below six strings.
35:   $txt['register_subject'] = 'Welcome to ' . $context['forum_name'];
36:   
37:   // For the below three messages, %1$s is the display name, %2$s is the username, %3$s is the password, %4$s is the activation code, and %5$s is the activation link (the last two are only for activation.)
38:   $txt['register_immediate_message'] = 'You are now registered with an account at ' . $context['forum_name'] . ', %1$s!' . "\n\n" . 'Your account\'s username is %2$s and its password is %3$s.' . "\n\n" . 'You may change your password after you login by going to your profile, or by visiting this page after you login:' . "\n\n" . $scripturl . '?action=profile' . "\n\n" . $txt[130];
39:   $txt['register_activate_message'] = 'You are now registered with an account at ' . $context['forum_name'] . ', %1$s!' . "\n\n" . 'Your account\'s username is %2$s and its password is %3$s (which can be changed later.)' . "\n\n" . 'Before you can login, you first need to activate your account. To do so, please follow this link:' . "\n\n" . '%5$s' . "\n\n" . 'Should you have any problems with activation, please use the code "%4$s".' . "\n\n" . $txt[130];
40:   $txt['register_pending_message'] = 'Your registration request at ' . $context['forum_name'] . ' has been received, %1$s.' . "\n\n" . 'The username you registered with was %2$s and the password was %3$s.' . "\n\n" . 'Before you can login and start using the forum, your request will be reviewed and approved.  When this happens, you will receive another email from this address.' . "\n\n" . $txt[130];
41:   
42:   // For the below two messages, %1$s is the user's display name, %2$s is their username, %3$s is the activation code, and %4$s is the activation link (the last two are only for activation.)
==>43:   $txt['resend_activate_message'] = 'You are now registered with an account at ' . $context['forum_name'] . ', %1$s!' . "\n\n" . 'Your username is "%2$s".' . "\n\n" . 'Before you can login, you first need to activate your account. To do so, please follow this link:' . "\n\n" . '%4$s' . "\n\n" . 'Should you have any problems with activation, please use the code "%3$s".' . "\n\n" . $txt[130];
44:   $txt['resend_pending_message'] = 'Your registration request at ' . $context['forum_name'] . ' has been received, %1$s.' . "\n\n" . 'The username you registered with was %2$s.' . "\n\n" . 'Before you can login and start using the forum, your request will be reviewed and approved.  When this happens, you will receive another email from this address.' . "\n\n" . $txt[130];
45:   
46:   $txt['ban_register_prohibited'] = 'Sorry, you are not allowed to register on this forum.';
47:   $txt['under_age_registration_prohibited'] = 'Sorry, but users under the age of %d are not allowed to register on this forum.';
48:   
49:   $txt['activate_account'] = 'Account activation';
50:   $txt['activate_success'] = 'Your account has been successfully activated. You can now proceed to login.';
51:   $txt['activate_not_completed1'] = 'Your email address needs to be validated before you can login.';
52:   $txt['activate_not_completed2'] = 'Need another activation email?';
53:   $txt['activate_after_registration'] = 'Thank you for registering. You will receive an email soon with a link to activate your account.  If you don\'t receive an email after some time, check your spam folder.';
54:   $txt['invalid_userid'] = 'User does not exist';
55:   $txt['invalid_activation_code'] = 'Invalid activation code';
56:   $txt['invalid_activation_username'] = 'Username or email';
57:   $txt['invalid_activation_new'] = 'If you registered with the wrong email address, type a new one and your password here.';
58:   $txt['invalid_activation_new_email'] = 'New email address';
59:   $txt['invalid_activation_password'] = 'Old password';
60:   $txt['invalid_activation_resend'] = 'Resend activation code';
61:   $txt['invalid_activation_known'] = 'If you already know your activation code, please type it here.';
62:   $txt['invalid_activation_retry'] = 'Activation code';
63:   $txt['invalid_activation_submit'] = 'Activate';

TKG26

Well knock on wood.... And im gonna let this thing soak in a bit. But i found that i was one version below the current English language pack. I only allow the one.... Since i have updated it things have stopped trowing errors..

Interestingly enough though, any time i as the admin go to the Languages tab in the forum i throw 65 instant language errors. I have cleared the logs and so far no other errors have popped up.. 30 mintues so far.......

Gluz

Looks like your Login.english-utf8.php is not from SMF 2.0.x, I didn't see many of that keys in my language files.

Shambles

When/if you reinstall Tapatalk plugin 4.2.5 make sure you incorporate the 3 bug edits I documented on the Tt support forum; seems their guys don't test things too well (if at all) so I leave them notes as to what to change.

Illori

Quote from: Gluz on July 29, 2015, 02:12:26 AM
Looks like your Login.english-utf8.php is not from SMF 2.0.x, I didn't see many of that keys in my language files.

i agree... at the top of the file what version is listed? if it is not 2.0.* then you need to upload a new file from either the installer or the large upgrade.

TKG26

The language issues is corrected. I was at 2.0.8 and I installed 2.0.10

So out standing seems to be theme related and as things turn out the author no longer supports it Gray Style.  Again functionally and visually I do not have issues nor do my users.  So it's not a huge issue but I would not mind correcting it.

Tapatalk is installed but I need to follow shambles instructions closely to correct what he solved. Or wait for the next update lol. Somehow I am not editing the code properly. I'll dig into it tonight..

Any theme recommendations that is supported? Dark black or grey is what I like

TKG26

It's also possible that the index.template issues is a conflict between tapatalk and the theme as the issue goes away when tapatalk is removed. During the install it request modifying the theme.

margarett

OK, finally at a computer...

Comparing with the original Login.english-utf8.php, your line 43 is
$txt['resend_activate_message'] = 'You are now registered with an account at ' . $context['forum_name'] . ', %1$s!' . "\n\n" . 'Your username is "%2$s".' . "\n\n" . 'Before you can login, you first need to activate your account. To do so, please follow this link:' . "\n\n" . '%4$s' . "\n\n" . 'Should you have any problems with activation, please use the code "%3$s".' . "\n\n" . $txt[130];
"resend_activate_message" DOES NOT exist in this file in 2.0.x. So as Gluz said, many of your $txt entries do not exist in the original file. This text key exists in EmailTemplates.xxxxxxxx.php...

None of the MODs you have installed touches this string so that file is weird. It seems you have replaced it already so it should be fine now.

Regarding the issue with index.template.php, it seems that this piece of code
<div class="user_bar">
<p class="your_avatar"><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=profile">'.$context['user']['avatar']['image'].'</a></p>

Isn't checking if the user actually *has* an avatar, which would trigger an undefined index in that case. So if you change it to:
<div class="user_bar">';
if (!empty($context['user']['avatar']['image']))
echo '
<p class="your_avatar"><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=profile">'.$context['user']['avatar']['image'].'</a></p>';
echo '

Should fix those.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Shambles

New plugin version 4.2.6 should now sort a lot of your issues...

TKG26

should! :(

RECAP: Language issue is fixed from updating the files.

smartbanner issue after latest version 4.2.6 is still giving errors :(   I know this is not SMF issue ill keep at the guys at tapatalk. Shambles ill check the code for your fixes.. and try to apply your corrections..

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URLhttp://www.rcottawa.com/forum/index.php?topic=17952.msg141709Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message2: Illegal string offset 'id'Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /home3/tkg/public_html/forum/mobiquo/smartbanner.php
Line: 147

Quote127:               $location = 'online';
128:       }
129:       //Query string topic=36.msg123 board=1.0 topic=36.0
130:       else
131:       {
132:           if (!empty($board) && empty($topic))
133:           {
134:               $location = 'forum';
135:               $other_info[] = 'fid='.$board['id'];
136:              
137:               $topics_per_page = empty($modSettings['disableCustomPerPage']) && !empty($options['topics_per_page']) && !WIRELESS ? $options['topics_per_page'] : $modSettings['defaultMaxTopics'];
138:               $current_page = isset($_REQUEST['start']) ? ($_REQUEST['start'] / $topics_per_page + 1) : 1;
139:              
140:               $other_info[] = 'page='.$current_page;
141:               $other_info[] = 'perpage='.$topics_per_page;
142:           }
143:           else if (!empty($topic))
144:           {
145:               $messages_per_page = empty($modSettings['disableCustomPerPage']) && !empty($options['messages_per_page']) && !WIRELESS ? $options['messages_per_page'] : $modSettings['defaultMaxMessages'];
146:              
==>147:               $other_info[] = 'fid='.$board['id'];
148:               $other_info[] = 'tid='.$topic;
149:               $other_info[] = 'perpage='.$messages_per_page;
150:              
151:               if (substr($_REQUEST['start'], 0, 3) == 'msg')
152:               {
153:                   $location = 'post';
154:                   $other_info[] = 'pid='.(int) substr($_REQUEST['start'], 3);
155:               }
156:               else
157:               {
158:                   $location = 'topic';
159:                   $current_page = isset($_REQUEST['start']) ? ($_REQUEST['start'] / $messages_per_page + 1) : 1;
160:                   $other_info[] = 'page='.$current_page;
161:               }
162:           }
163:       }
164:       $other_info_str = implode('&', $other_info);
165:       $scheme_url = $baseUrl . '/' . (!empty($user_info['id']) ? '?user_id='.$user_info['id'].'&' : '?') . 'location='.$location.(!empty($other_info_str) ? '&'.$other_info_str : '');
166:      
167:       $exttMbqTempPageType = $location;

TKG26

Looks like its all working now.. 30mins so far no errors

-Language:Fixed via updated english files
-index.template.php: was a known issue Gray Style author had uploaded a fresh version of it some time ago. I uploaded it as a replacement to mine and after about 30 mins or so i no longer get that  index.template.php error
-smartbannker.php: Tapatalk issued a new version that did not correct the issue but the tapatalk admin issued a updated version of "smartbannker.php" zip file and it worked.

Shambles thanks for your help. I suspect my noobness is what prevented me from copying that code in correctly. Im possitive i changed the right strings i just could not get the results.. Obviously your work helped Tapatalk get the thing fixed as they used all your fixes :) Thanks again everyone

Advertisement: