Admin wants to post as user mod?

Started by Harvester, July 26, 2015, 09:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvester

I would like to be able to, as administrator, be able to post as another user. I would like to be able to choose a user from my memberbase, and post as them. I need to do this because I have members who had many many posts on an old site of mine and we want to bring them to my new site BUT... its far too much work to ask them to do on their own so I thought perhaps I could find a mod that would let me post as them. I know I could get their password and do the same but I would rather not do that.
Does anyone know of a mod that would allow the administrator to do this?

Livaco

Place this topic in mod requests, that might help.

Kindred

no.... there is no current mod to do this AFAIK, even the one that comes close to it just allows you to post as a set of different users associated to your ccount - not as specific actual users

Your best option would be to
a- create a new user
b- post as that user
c- use the "associate posts" option in maintenance to re-attribute all of the new user's posts to another user
d- repeat for each set of user/posts
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Harvester

Quote from: Kindred on July 26, 2015, 10:11:18 AM
no.... there is no current mod to do this AFAIK, even the one that comes close to it just allows you to post as a set of different users associated to your ccount - not as specific actual users

Your best option would be to
a- create a new user
b- post as that user
c- use the "associate posts" option in maintenance to re-attribute all of the new user's posts to another user
d- repeat for each set of user/posts

Hey that sounds great! :)  I didnt realize I could do that. I will do this until a mod is available to post as a user,  Thank you Kindred :)

Diego Andrés

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Advertisement: