News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How to add a link on Home page

Started by OptimalDesigns, July 27, 2015, 08:05:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OptimalDesigns

We need a link added to home page, how could this be done?

Thanks, Phil

Livaco

what to the forum or on the forum?

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

OptimalDesigns

Quote from: margarett on July 27, 2015, 08:31:35 AM
How do I add buttons to SMF 2.0?

Does this help?
No ... want to add a warning e.g. ... Before posting, Install XXX ... <--- need a link under XXX
It is a reminder to all users.  Need some blank lines around it too.

Phil

Illori

under? you mean you want Install xx to be a link or a drop down? where do you want this to show? some exact details might help us help you.

OptimalDesigns

Quote from: Illori on July 27, 2015, 12:03:00 PM
under? you mean you want Install xx to be a link or a drop down? where do you want this to show? some exact details might help us help you.

Please read the beginning msg.

margarett

Please avoid snide comments, we are trying to help you and, if we pose questions, it's because your original message isn't clear.

That being said: if you just want to have a warning message to your users in your forum index, you can use, eg, this:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3934
It will allow you to add a box in your forum index with any content you wish. It was designed for ads but you can really put any content you want in it.

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

OptimalDesigns

Quote from: margarett on July 27, 2015, 12:23:39 PM
That being said: if you just want to have a warning message to your users in your forum index, you can use, eg, this:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3934
It will allow you to add a box in your forum index with any content you wish. It was designed for ads but you can really put any content you want in it.
Can it place the msg. below the 'search box' on home page?  How does one install such an add-on?

margarett

That MOD no. According to the screenshots, it puts the box below your menu.

If you are using SMF's default theme then you already have something below the search: News. You can use that for your message (although it will display everywhere, not just on home page)

MODs are installed through Package Manager
Package Manager

Advertisement: