News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

deleted MySQL

Started by Empire KickAss, July 28, 2015, 07:20:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Empire KickAss

I was added more accounts and wasn't thinking right. I removed the SMF account part. With that the site is down. www.baysideves.com.

I checked the adminphp and it's definitely empty. So I contacted the hosting service and they can recover it, but an fee of $15USD around $28AUD. I'm like hell no.

I don't really want to spend money just to recover the topic and posts just so I can convert it to another forum then remove it again.

Is there another way to recover most of it or see the site without recovering the MySQL
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow .Thank You!!!

Kindred

no.

The contents of the site are all in the database. period.
The files just tell the system how to display the contents from the database.

Why do you not have your own backup?

(hint: next time, remember to always take frequent backups of your database)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Empire KickAss

Quote from: Kindred on July 28, 2015, 08:00:57 AM
no.

The contents of the site are all in the database. period.
The files just tell the system how to display the contents from the database.

Why do you not have your own backup?

(hint: next time, remember to always take frequent backups of your database)
I have Two backups. But they are on my desktop which doesn't work at the moment. Power supply ******ed up at a very bad moment.

I don't know what backups Are. All know now that I have backed up twos
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow .Thank You!!!

Kindred

well, you have 3 choices...

1- wait til your home PC is repaired and get he backups from there and attempt to resinstall
2- forget about it and live with the loss
3- pay your host for the restore... (and then go find another host... my host does not charge me for that sort of thing unless it becomes a frequent request)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: