News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Smf not displaying anything after migrating to new server

Started by asifshabir, July 28, 2015, 09:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asifshabir

Hello smf,

I have recently migrated to new server ... after migration .. smf is not displaying any thing .

I have run repair_settings.php  . but even then it does not display anything ,

I have huge database of members , cant afford to lose data, Kindly suggest me any solutions for this problem.

Kindly support ..

Illori

have you asked your host what may be going on? are you sure you moved to a host that has their servers running php? anything in your server error logs?

asifshabir

Quote from: Illori on July 28, 2015, 09:35:45 AM
have you asked your host what may be going on? are you sure you moved to a host that has their servers running php? anything in your server error logs?

Yes php is runnng , nothing in the error logs...

http://gptbazaar.com/forum/ [nofollow]

Please have a look

asifshabir

i have noticed new in the url that is displayed in correctly.

http://www.gptbazaar.com/forum/index.php?www;view=forum [nofollow]

websitename.com/forum/index.php?www;view=forum

it should be like this

http://www.gptbazaar.com/forum/index.php?view=forum [nofollow]

Kindred

you have misconfigured your system

1- the double slash would be because you either have an htaccess that does something or you added a slash to the end of your forum base url
2- the ?www is correct. The system automatically adds that when you try to access the site from the non-www url, but you have defined your forum as using the www
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

asifshabir

I have sent you files via pm...

nothing seems to be wrong from my end.

thanks to check and reply back

asifshabir

Kindly support.

how to get the forum back to its original conditions without lossing any data,

Kindred

DO NOT bump your posts like that -- especially not after 30 minutes.

This site is NOT "real time support"
We are all volunteers and we have lives and other things to do.

I can't even get to your site from my office - so anything you need my help on is now going to have to wait for at least 10 hours - when I get back home
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

asifshabir

I have copied all the files again... but now it show me blank screen when i try to access forum

http://www.gptbazaar.com/forum/index.php?www;view=forum [nofollow]

kindly suggest a work around for this problem

Kindred

and, after copying the files again, did you run repair_settings.php TWICE?
Слaва
Украинi

asifshabir

Quote from: Kindred on July 29, 2015, 06:45:15 AM
and, after copying the files again, did you run repair_settings.php TWICE?

just to summerize what  I have done so far.

copied all the contents once again.
It gave database connection error
I run repair settings... database connection error is over.
Now Displaying blank page.

Is it possible to install the smf again without losing the current data. ???

thanks

Shambles

But did you run repair_settings twice?

After the 1st time, rs will have the database connection details. The 2nd time it can use those details to offer to fix paths & urls.

asifshabir

Quote from: Shambles on July 29, 2015, 08:15:20 AM
But did you run repair_settings twice?

After the 1st time, rs will have the database connection details. The 2nd time it can use those details to offer to fix paths & urls.

yes , I run this file twice, first for database and basic paths.. and

then

rest of the paths.

Is it possible to install the smf again without losing the current data ?????

Kindred

no. do not. If yuou do, you will erase your database...

and there should be no need to do so.

If your database was correctly transferred to the new host and you have set the paths and urls correctly -- then your issue is almost certainly on the HOST side ( a blank white page indicates a critical failure and usually generates an error.log or errorlog. file)
Слaва
Украинi

asifshabir

Quote from: Kindred on July 29, 2015, 12:34:07 PM
no. do not. If yuou do, you will erase your database...

and there should be no need to do so.

If your database was correctly transferred to the new host and you have set the paths and urls correctly -- then your issue is almost certainly on the HOST side ( a blank white page indicates a critical failure and usually generates an error.log or errorlog. file)

today I performed clean migration again from scratch, performed all the steps again.

this is error log that i received

[30-Jul-2015 02:00:03 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare smf_cookie_url() (previously declared in website_path/forum/smf_1-1_api.php:247) in website_path/forum/smf_1-1_api.php on line 247
[30-Jul-2015 02:00:33 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare smf_cookie_url() (previously declared in website_path/forum/smf_1-1_api.php:247) in website_path/forum/smf_1-1_api.php on line 247

Thanks for guidance

Kindred

well, if you are using SMF 2.0.x, why are you attempting to use the 1.1.x API?

(although that should not actually matter to the forum itself)
Слaва
Украинi

asifshabir

I am using smf1.x .
How to solve this error that is generated now

Kindred

whoops...  sorry about that - I lost track of the location of this question.

well - ignore the API error for now (what are you using the API for?) The API should not be called on any SMF page (API is for EXTERNAL connection to SMF)

is your main system running now?

As an additional note -- you really need to upgrade to SMF 2.0.x soon.   SMF 1.1.x is at end of life and will cease support moderately soon.
Слaва
Украинi

asifshabir

Quote from: Kindred on July 30, 2015, 08:52:12 AM
whoops...  sorry about that - I lost track of the location of this question.

well - ignore the API error for now (what are you using the API for?) The API should not be called on any SMF page (API is for EXTERNAL connection to SMF)

is your main system running now?

As an additional note -- you really need to upgrade to SMF 2.0.x soon.   SMF 1.1.x is at end of life and will cease support moderately soon.
This API is used to automate user registration with my website db. so that user dont need to create any additional user/password for this forum.

I have method for smf 1.x only.. that Why I am using it ..

The error still remains the same.  would you please extend your support for the solution ???

Kindred

Well, on the topic of APIs... smf 2.0 has a much extended API.

However, regarding your issue... it is very obvious that SOMETHING is not getting reconfigured correctly on your new server.

therefore, please DISABLE the API and let's focus on getting the forum itself working without the distraction of something else which may have additional/other issues.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: