Installing a mod resets my session

Started by Tosfera, July 29, 2015, 07:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nesdam1981

I bump this thread since I have a the exact same issue. Can it be resolved with a .htaccess file somehow?

Kindred

probably not... most shared hosts won't let you disable something that they consider security....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Nesdam1981

Im not sure it's a host problem though. I remember having this exact issue many years ago when I started using SMF (moved away for payed software) and that got fixed. Don't remember how though. And it's only SMF that generates this issue and Only when installing mods.

margarett

The main problem I see is that SMF (allegedly) conflicts with some "security" plugins out there. We don't know why, code-wise it makes no sense it happens and no host was ever able to tell us why it happens or what triggers it (because they hold the logs, not we)

Assuming that nothing is SMF is mangled (eg, wrong settings or a weirdo MOD), your session is probably destroyed by something that the server considers wrong. I don't think we'll be able to guess what it might be :( (again, because your server holds the logs, not we)
At this point I can only suggest you to try to disable Suhosin (even if just temporary to debug)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: