I just installed the forum but I can't do anything.

Started by 69Paull, July 31, 2015, 12:42:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69Paull

Hi guys! I recently installed the forum in a new host, but I can't do anything. If I try to access the admin panel, post anything, create a new topic, etc it gives me this:

How to fix this?  :(

Thanks a lot.

Jade Elizabeth

When I visit your site I get these errors:

PHP Warning:  file_exists() [<a href='function.file-exists'>function.file-exists</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/u255300736/public_html) is not within the allowed path(s): (E:\Domains\extremeracingcrew.com) in E:\Domains\extremeracingcrew.com\wwwroot\Settings.php on line 51
PHP Warning:  file_exists() [<a href='function.file-exists'>function.file-exists</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/u255300736/public_html/Sources) is not within the allowed path(s): (E:\Domains\extremeracingcrew.com) in E:\Domains\extremeracingcrew.com\wwwroot\Settings.php on line 53
PHP Warning:  file_exists() [<a href='function.file-exists'>function.file-exists</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/u255300736/public_html/cache) is not within the allowed path(s): (E:\Domains\extremeracingcrew.com) in E:\Domains\extremeracingcrew.com\wwwroot\Settings.php on line 55

Try running the repair settings tool and make sure the paths are going to the right place :).
http://download.simplemachines.org/?tools
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

69Paull

I just uploaded the backup of the forum that I had in an other host and now you can access the site properly. But the errors when I try to create a new topic, replies and stuff still persists  :(

I've run the repair settings and everything looks fine.

ziycon

The errors that Jade posted are a restriction set by your host, you will need to contact them to resolve it.

margarett

Quote from: 69Paull on July 31, 2015, 02:38:42 AM
I've run the repair settings and everything looks fine.
You need to be sure where your files are and it seems obvious that they aren't the same... The files (where you seem to be running now) are located in a windows machine, where the variables point to a Linux path...
If you upload this file to your forum root (where SSI.php is) and run it via browser, what's its output?

If you open Settings.php, what do you have in the variable $boarddir?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

69Paull

Quote from: margarett on July 31, 2015, 05:45:41 AM
If you upload this file to your forum root (where SSI.php is) and run it via browser, what's its output?

Quote from: margarett on July 31, 2015, 05:45:41 AM
If you open Settings.php, what do you have in the variable $boarddir?

I have this

$boarddir = 'E:\\Domains\\extremeracingcrew.com\\wwwroot'; # The absolute path to the forum's folder. (not just '.'!)

margarett

How odd...
I have to assume that these open_basedir errors don't show up anymore?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

69Paull

Quote from: margarett on July 31, 2015, 07:03:54 PM
How odd...
I have to assume that these open_basedir errors don't show up anymore?

Exactly. I recently conctected my host provider asking they about  the server error and they solved my problem. I think that the issue was being caused by a restriction on the host, or idk. By now, my problem is solved. Thanks for the support guys!

Advertisement: