News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Online icon does not show up on forums

Started by SinovenatoR, July 31, 2015, 05:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinovenatoR

Simply as the title says, that green online icon next to the profile name does not appear, offline icon shows up normally.
As shown as following, this bug is for everyone in my forums:

Illori

can you provide a link to your forum? if we can see it we can tell you where the missing image should be located.

SinovenatoR

hxxp:intergalactic-assassins.site90.com/ [nonactive]
Forums is not allowed for guests due to spams :-\ if you can, register and I will approve it at once.

a10

Quote from: SinovenatoR on August 01, 2015, 07:20:15 AM
Forums is not allowed for guests due to spams
(off topic)
Was guest posting allowed? & using only captcha = open door for spambot registrations.
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Shambles

Right-click the image placeholder and check its properties - that'll show you were the image should be. You can then upload (or move) the image to that location.

Try it on the image that does show, to get a feel for what to look for.

SinovenatoR

Quote from: a10 on August 01, 2015, 07:40:16 AM
Quote from: SinovenatoR on August 01, 2015, 07:20:15 AM
Forums is not allowed for guests due to spams
(off topic)
Was guest posting allowed? & using only captcha = open door for spambot registrations.

Sorry, I did not get what you mean.

Quote from: Shambles on August 01, 2015, 11:19:30 AM
Right-click the image placeholder and check its properties - that'll show you were the image should be. You can then upload (or move) the image to that location.

Try it on the image that does show, to get a feel for what to look for.

The link leads to the image normally, the image is in the same directory as specified by link, I do not know why it will not show up.

Shambles

Check that it's a valid image by copying the image location into your browser's address bar - see if it shows up.

If you still have no joy, create a regular test account for us.

Quote from: SinovenatoR
http://intergalactic-assassins.site90.com/
Forums is not allowed for guests due to spams :-\ if you can, register and I will approve it at once.

Kindred

or you could open your forum back up to be viewed by guests...  because doing so has absolutely no effect on spammers, unless you gave guests posting permissions for some reason....   if you did, then just go back into permissions and remove the guest posting permissions -- no more spam posts

if you were having issues with spammers registering and posting -- then read the faq...
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Spam_-_my_forum_is_flooded_with_spam,_what_can_I_do
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: