where topics are brought in/relies...

Started by machinenoob, August 02, 2015, 12:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

machinenoob

I want to append a string right before the topic/replies get saved in the database and also want to be able to extract it when it gets read, can someone "spoon feed'...lol.. the areas where that would be.  I have been looking at the post.php and the display.php, but want to be sure thats all the pages where topics would be saved/read from the database..

thanks

margarett

Posts are stored to the database in Sources/Post.php, specifically function Post2()

// Collect all parameters for the creation or modification of a post.
$msgOptions = array(
'id' => empty($_REQUEST['msg']) ? 0 : (int) $_REQUEST['msg'],
'subject' => $_POST['subject'],
'body' => $_POST['message'],
'icon' => preg_replace('~[\./\\\\*:"\'<>]~', '', $_POST['icon']),
'smileys_enabled' => !isset($_POST['ns']),
'attachments' => empty($attachIDs) ? array() : $attachIDs,
'approved' => $becomesApproved,
);

It's the "body" part ;)

The place where the post is called... Hmmmm many many places :P
Display, Recent (unread/unreadreplies), Profile, ....

Pretty much where you are reading the database --> table {db_prefix}messages, column body, that's where you need to work it out...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

machinenoob

yeah saw that, was just hoping someone would say all those places are redundant...all  you need is This place and this place..lol..

Jade Elizabeth

What are you trying to achieve? Maybe there's a different way to go about it :).
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Advertisement: