Attached pictures on small screens

Started by Dylert, August 04, 2015, 09:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylert

Hello! Thanks lot for the beta 2 version! I'm looking forward to the final release! It will be great! :)

There is one issue with attached images. If I set the width of the pictures/thumbnail to ex. 800x800 px it doesn't minimize when I use a  phone. The picture is too big and I have to scroll sidewards to see the entire picture. I hope this will be fixed before the gold release!

Thanks a lot!

Illori

why do you think we would resize a thumbnail? they should by default be small enough to be seen on the small screen size.

Dylert

When using the thumbnail function, users can attach pictures without making them smaller themselves som they will fit in the forum (ex. 800 px) when using a PC. I set my thumbnails to 800 px, so the pictures can be seen in the forum without clicking on every picture.

If I set the thumbnails in SMF 2.1 to a small size they look nice, but when you click on the thumbnail, the pictures will be too big for a small screen and you have to scroll sidewards (a lot).

It's the same issue with pictures using the IMG-tags. They don't minimize and do not fit on a mobile screen. They're too big.

Attached pictures and pictures using the IMG-tag should both be minimized to fit any screen! (Like the Reseller theme does)

Suki

Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

margarett

Now I see it ;)

When you talked about thumbnails I thought about the mini-image that displays below the post and not the actual image ;)

In that case I would suggest you are indeed correct, it should resize the image.

edit: ninja'd
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Illori

Quote from: margarett on August 04, 2015, 10:59:57 AM
Now I see it ;)

When you talked about thumbnails I thought about the mini-image that displays below the post and not the actual image ;)

that is what i thought too, as the word thumbnail was used.

Dylert

Advertisement: