theme not found (Balanced)

Started by brynn, August 08, 2015, 03:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brynn

Hi Friends,
I installed a theme on my forum 2 years ago, called Balanced (as an alternate theme).  As I recall, it was quite a popular theme, with a large number of downloads reported.  (actually I almost used it for the default)  I was just looking to see if there was an updated version available, but I can't find it at all, anymore.  Its topic is locked.  So I guess it was removed, for some reason.

Is there anyway to find out if there's a new version, even if it's for a price?

I've looked at the license.txt file, that was included with what I still have installed, but it doesn't have any helpful info.  All I've found as far as contact info, is an email address in the theme_info.xml file.  I'm not sure if it would be appropriate to send a message to it.

Searching the name "Balanced" yields all kinds of results that are not related at all.  And the author's member name is the same as a popular 19th century artist.  Searching both together yields many different SMF forums which use that theme (probably hitting on the copyright/license)!  But finding any current version of this theme is proving quite difficult!

Are there any tips or advice for finding out about themes (or I guess this happens for mods sometimes too) that have been removed?  Or they're just gone from the face of the earth?

Thanks for your help  :)

Illori

i really doubt you will find the theme anywhere as the author has deleted their account.

sometimes mod/theme authors move to their own site but not too often.

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

brynn

Ok, thanks Illori.  I was hoping it wasn't gone for good, but I guess it is.

Thanks anyway.

Advertisement: