[preview] ShelfLife

Started by Bloc, August 11, 2015, 07:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloc

ShelfLife is a SMF theme project which I've been working on lately. Its responsive/adaptive, having separate templates for touch/non-touch devices. It uses HTML5/CSS3 and have a number of theme options built-in as well.

If you want to try it out its currently on Github: https://github.com/Bloc67/ShelfLife (note that its beta status and will have bugs and unfinished sections)

Features(in no particular order)

- preset backgrounds
   - preset boardicons
   - hide top header when in admin section
   - adaptive layout, own templates for touch-based devices. no menus and simpler layout.
   - responsive CSS to fit any resolution.
   - Some items from main menu are splitted into a personal menu.
   - Icomoon webfont used for icons.
   - CSS-based attachment popup viewer

margarett

The screenshots look very nice ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

JBlaze

Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Bloc

Thanks, guys.:)

I'll add more screenshots and a demo site later on. For now its only at Github, which I find the best spot to host it(easier to quickly update/change). However, this topic will be updated as things progresses. And, seeing its hosted there, forks or derivatives are encouraged, if you like to build on it for yourself.(license is GPL v2)

My main wish is to spark some interest in *free* SMF themeing again - foremost for SMF 2.0 - but I have plans for SMF 2.1 and ElkArte too.

Bloc

UPDATE: since I cannot lock or change this topic, I'll started a new topic for the first release of ShelfLife theme:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=539060.0

All future updates/releases will be posted there.

stmaxx

Installed on one of my sites and it's really fantastic!
Very well Done. :)

Maxx

Biology Forums

Quote from: stmaxx on August 20, 2015, 01:23:21 PM
Installed on one of my sites and it's really fantastic!
Very well Done. :)

Maxx

Link?

stmaxx

http://smf.surfacethemes.com/index.php?action=forum

Just re-installed a fresh copy of SMF 2.0.10..

Maxx

stmaxx

Yes, But we must keep in mind that Bloc is working on this project (BETA) and you may find a few minor issues as He stated in his post!

But Yes It's looking very nice and I'm very please with progress!

regards,
Maxx

Biology Forums

I'd be more willing to install this on the Beta version if I had a better idea of when 2.1 final is released. I'll stick to version 2.0.x in the meantime to get a better feel for it.

stmaxx

I myself feel, there will be many sticking with the 2.+ for a long time.. those that vested many modifications and custom work, to their sites to fit their present needs.

It will take time for many to get updated after the 2.1 and it's still in the Beta stages. I think there maybe many still using the older versions?
So I think it's not a waste of time, to make new themes for the current stage of SMF. Just my thoughts anyway!

BTW, I and others are also toying with the themes and mods for the 2.1 +

Maxx

Antes

do not install any theme to SMF 2.1 (Beta or RC or Stable) from earlier versions, use themes only made for SMF 2.1, even hesitate to install them unless they are supporting Beta 2 ;)

stmaxx

Bloc,

The SimplePortal blends in very neat and sweet with you ShelfLife project, just updated it now,,,Look Fantastic!

Great Stuff! thanks!

regards,
Maxx

Antechinus

Hey I was just looking through the code for this and something is puzzling me. AFAICT the Settings.template.php doesn't include any non-standard settings. What's different about it?

Bloc

Themes.template.php is modified *slightly*.

The Settings.template do have regular settings but you'll notice some of them have some esoteric variables like "mycategory" ,"class" and "exists". :) Without the custom Themes.template present they would have been ignored by default.

Antechinus

Bloc

Its ok. :D It will work just as normal settings, saving etc. is all done by core files. I just do more with them inside Themes.template.

One tiny thing which didn't require much in that same template, is choosing themes. I have a gallery page with radio buttons instead of a simple select list. For those of us that love lots of themes(and who don't lol) its nice to be able to just pick right away. I mean, you can do that by clicking the icon and go into the profile theme select page and then back again..but it feels very cumbersome to do it like that.

..Of course this theme will not work if Themes.template is made such that it *should* only exist in default directory. Some of the "current theme settings" suggest that, since you sometimes don't get "current theme" at all. If Themes.tempalte are no-go zone then it should NOT appear as a template in a theme.

d3vcho

I don't know why but when I set this theme as default, my forum doesn't recognize the CSS, it looks all plain text:

pruebecillasdesmf.tk

What did I wrong?
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

GrCOTE7

Hi

Perhaps, see Settings.php in the root 's folder...

In this file, you can see:

########## Directories/Files ##########
# Note: These directories do not have to be changed unless you move things.
/**
* The absolute path to the forum's folder. (not just '.'!)
* @var string
*/
$boarddir = 'C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\w\\wwwconcr\\public_html\\tsmf';
/**
* Path to the Sources directory.
* @var string
*/
$sourcedir = 'C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\w\\wwwconcr\\public_html\\tsmf/Sources';

Of course, in this code, C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\w\\wwwconcr\\public_html\\tsmf is  my path to my SMF... Adapt it for you !

Note: they are some links in the table smf_settings too...

Advertisement: