News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Prevent guests from reading topics

Started by latheesan, August 14, 2015, 08:22:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siirist

Quote from: Kindred on February 03, 2016, 12:27:02 PM
That list there is fine...   you're just listing what they would get, if they join...
the problem is allowing them to THINK they can click a link and see content and then saying "nah nah nah...  you have to log in before you get to see THAT one"

Okay, I will amend it so that it does this:
The Blue Room ~ Challenging Stuff
A List of Challenging Stuff For Survivors

This is ONLY a list of the boards that is visible to the public so that prospective members will know there are private areas for survivors to talk about all the things that have happened to them.
In this category you will find:
* Survivor's SCREAMING Room
* Triggery Stuff you DO want replies to
* Triggery Stuff you DO NOT want replies to
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

treideri

Quote from: Kindred on February 03, 2016, 12:27:02 PM
That list there is fine...   you're just listing what they would get, if they join...
the problem is allowing them to THINK they can click a link and see content and then saying "nah nah nah...  you have to log in before you get to see THAT one"

Right. I always wondered why Facebook is so small and non popular. So now i understood - it is because they also do not allow to see much of the content before you register or log-in.

Kindred

treideri,

I have no idea what YOUR personal settings are (although, form your comment, I can guess) -- but no one sees anything regarding my facebook profile and posts that I do not specifically allow. Facebook only allows what each individual use has allowed.

In other words... your comparison is bogus and my years of experience, including taking print publications to the digital world support my point.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

treideri

Whoever is not with me is against me. That is what i am hearing in your opinion.

What i wanted to say that there could be many different situations and you can not say that only one option is the right option for everyone.

Kindred

I never said there was only one option...

I did however say (and stand by my statement) that teasing users by showing titles when they can't actually read the content will LOSE you users, in the long run.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

treideri

Quote from: Kindred on February 09, 2016, 08:47:13 AM
I never said there was only one option...

Glad to hear that. If different opinion does not influence senior members wish to help to other members then it is great ...

Advertisement: