News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Forum Boards Don't Show Up on Admin Panel

Started by zenetico, August 17, 2015, 04:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenetico

Hi, I have a problem regarding forum boards.

So here's a screenshot of my forum. You can see that the forum boards are accessible by anyone.

However, they cannot be seen on the 'boards' section of the admin panel and so they cannot be edited.

Interesting enough, they do show up on the 'permissions' screen. The moderation operations (ie. moving topics to boards) are also possible.

Does anyone have any ideas on how the forum boards can appear on the admin panel again?

Illori

which exact version of SMF 1.1 are you using? if you are not using 1.1.21, try to upgrade and see if that helps any.

zenetico

The forum is currently on 1.1.8.

I'm an admin but I'm not in charge of all the files and stuff. I'll have to ask the main admin to do that.

I was just wondering if there were any other solutions I could use aside from upgrading.

Illori

i bet recently the php version changed on the server causing the issue. you should be planning an upgrade to 2.0 soon as 1.1.* will be loosing support.

Kindred

1.1.8?

You are 13 revisions behind -- the majority of which are security updates.
Regardless of the error, you ***NEED*** to upgrade to 1.1.21 ASAP.

While doing so, you should consider upgrading to 2.0.10

As for why the boards are not showing...   you didn't tell use what mods are installed....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

zenetico

Yeah I know updating is important  :-X.

The only mods that are installed are:
Ad management

Illori

zenetico

Kindred

In that case, my only suggestion is to upgrade fully, to 2.0.10 , thus replacing all files and fixing any errors that you have with possibly badly manually edited code and brining your site up to date
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

zenetico

Okay, I'll bring it up with the main admin and see what he can do. I'll mark this as a thread solved I guess.

Advertisement: