Need Help : Problem with template in Child Theme folder !!!

Started by samk2824, August 19, 2015, 10:52:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samk2824

Hi. I sense I'm doing something stupid as instructions seem quite clear. ;D

I want to use a modified posts_loop_template.php so I've put a copy into my child theme folder and renamed it mv1_posts_template.php and made the changes.

I'm then using the following shortcode in my page

[ic_add_posts template='mv1_posts_template.php' ids='1014']

(I'm using a specific post number just while I test this out)  :(

BUT ..... when I display the page, the inserted post is still using the default post_loop_template.php

Help .. what have I missed/

Regards,

Illori

maybe you should contact whoever created the posts_loop_template.php file.

samk2824

Quote from: Illori on August 19, 2015, 11:06:12 AM
maybe you should contact whoever created the posts_loop_template.php file.
Thank you for the suggestion illori. But the person is not accessible. :(

margarett

It's difficult to suggest anything because we have no idea what you're talking about, I've never seen such code before...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

From the "code" in the first post, it would appear that the OP is trying to do something with WordPress "shortcodes"

which means that any changes for the target template will almost certainly have to be made on the WORDPRESS add-on side of things...

However, the point stands...   since we have no idea, whatsoever, what that short code is or does or what that template is or does -- you really will have to ask the author.
What you have is not part of SMF or supportable by us, since we didn't make it and have no idea what it is.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: