Table 'westw8_smf1.smf_moderator_groups' doesn't exist??

Started by BYUFanatic, August 24, 2015, 11:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BYUFanatic

Hello!

While upgrading, I got the following error:

Table 'westw8_smf1.smf_moderator_groups' doesn't exist

So, I tried doing a full install. Still get the error. Suggestions?

Thanks!

FYI - westw8_smf1 is the name of my database.

This is on a 2.1 beta install.

margarett

Are you upgrading to 2.1? From which version?

Do you get that at which point of the upgrade?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

BYUFanatic

It is on the latest 2.1 install (upgrading from 2.0.7).

It wouldn't let me upgrade, so I did a full install.

The install goes fine and completes with no problem.

BYUFanatic

I read elsewhere that this is a new table in 2.1.

I've created it manually, but it returned another error trying to read data from it obviously.

The error - Unknown column 'modgs.id_group' in 'where clause'

So, I'll definitely need help figuring out what else I need to put into the table. Ha.

BYUFanatic

Ok... some progress....

I had another board that had an older 2.1 version on it. I duplicated that sms_moderagor_groups table (it was empty). So, now the forum loads, but not completely. I end up with a new error:

Unable to load the 'boardindex_outer_above' template.

I'm guessing that the theme I was using before is broken? Acendota I think it was called.

Is that guess correct?

Illori

BYUFanatic

That's what I was thinking.

So, can you tell me which file I need to manually edit to change the theme to the core theme?

Thanks!

Illori

the core theme will not work with 2.1 either. the default theme for 2.1 is Curve2.

What is repair_settings.php? should help you to reset to the default theme.

BYUFanatic

Awesome. Thank you. That helped to reset the theme.

However, now I have the following:

Database error - Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

I've been using SMF since the 1.1 days. About half the time it will upgrade with no problem. The other half I have to tweak it a bit. But this is the first time I've had major issues with it.

Not very helpful if I don't know what the database error is. Ha. And I can't login as admin.

And I do appreciate y'all's patience and help. :)

BYUFanatic

Ok... latest update -

re-installed again. I now am able to access the error log. Any time I do any activity on the forum the log jumps in size. Clearing out the log and grabbing the first copy of what is in it gives me this:

Today at 12:29:11 PM
Type of error: Database
: Table 'westw8_smf1.smf_background_tasks' doesn't exist   http://forum.xxxx.com/cron.php
File: /home/westw8/public_html/forum/cron.php
Line: 140

Today at 12:29:11 PM
Type of error: Database
: Unknown column 'callable' in 'field list'   http://forum.xxxx.com/index.php?scheduled=task;ts=1440435958
File: /home/westw8/public_html/forum/Sources/ScheduledTasks.php
Line: 45

Rob
Today at 12:29:10 PM
5f848f1736ddc178450829b2c38967c5
Type of error: Undefined
8: Undefined index: gravatarEnabled   http://forum.xxxx.com/index.php?action=admin;area=logs;sa=errorlog;desc
File: /home/westw8/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2948

and then on the main forum page I have this:

Unknown column 'c.description' in 'field list'
File: /home/westw8/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-BoardIndex.php
Line: 73

Kindred

it sounds like NONE of the database stuff got performed during your upgrade....

Unless we broke something recently, it would appear to be an issue with something on your server that prevented the database script from running (I say this because no one else doing an upgrade has reported this)

Rather than doing each individual table etc... let's focus on WHY the database upgrade was not done...

you didn't do this to your live site, did you?

If so, then I hope you took a backup of the files and database of your 2.0.x site and can restore it.
You should NOT be using the beta version on a live site...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

BYUFanatic

If I have to flush and start over, I can do that. Nothing there is super-critical. I use it for my students and each year I do housekeeping such as cleaning out old students, upgrades to the forum itself, etc.

I would like to fix it, but if I have to flush... I can do that too.

Is it fixable?

BYUFanatic

Good news.....

I went back and re-installed 2.0.10. It worked. So, nothing is lost. I will re-attempt to upgrade to 2.1.

But for now... lunch. I am starved! Ha.

Kindred

Well, WHY are you using 2.1 beta on a production site?

upgrade using a test site.

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: