about stars and themes (bug? feature request?)

Started by brynn, August 24, 2015, 07:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brynn

Hi Friends,
I'm not posting this in the bugs section, because I don't have any qualifications to decide if something is a bug or not.  But it seems illogical, so I think is possibly a bug.

I'm setting up my 2nd SMF forum.  I installed several alternative themes.  Next I chose a default theme, from among them.  Then I gave the default theme some custom stars.

From that moment, if I'm in anything except the default theme, and I visit a page where the stars are displayed, I'm getting a server error "File not found".  Not SMF error, but server error.

However, I only want the default theme to have custom stars.  For all the other themes, I want them to display their own default stars.  I don't understand why giving 1 theme custom stars somehow disables the stars for all the other themes.

Do I have to go into all those themes, and re-apply their default stars?  Or am I having some kind of misunderstanding about how the stars work?

This version 2.0.10.

Thanks  :)

Kindred

no, that is not a bug.  The "stars" are defined at a global level.

if you want each theme to have unique stars, then great...   but they have to have the same filename in each and every theme
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

brynn

Sorry for the delay in answering.

But the stars in all the other themes were working fine, before I put custom stars in 1 theme.  From that point of view, it seems illogical to me.  I never touched the other themes.

Of course, I don't understand much of anything about how the software works or is written.

I just thought I was saving myself some work, by only putting custom stars in the default theme.

Anyway, thanks.  I guess I'll just go to "plan b"  :)

Kindred

well, they were working originally, because every theme MUST come with the basic images and files needed to make it run correctly -- this includes the same filenames as the gmod and admin stars that the defaulttheme is set up with

It's not actually a big deal...   just copy the image files into each theme directory -- or create unqiue stars for eahc theme, but use the same filenames.,...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: