News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Subscription Problems... YIKES !!!!!

Started by keyboard, August 25, 2015, 11:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keyboard

Hi

Once again I come back,  begging for all the wisdom that you all can give me.... I have a problem with the "Subscription Mod" , I think that I am a switch away from working properly....

The way that I have set this up, is a guest can view but is unable to download.  After a successful registration, he is notified that I need to approve the member, I then approve the member and then, when he logs back in,  the user is immediately directed to a Subscription page where he has a choice of three plans to choose. He picks a plan and then gets redirected to PayPal where he remits the amount. Then all is well !!!!!

But what is happening , is when the user is at the "Subscription Page" where he is supposed to pick a plan, he has complete access to all.....

Please advise
Ron
Слaва
Украинi

Kindred

What "subscription mod" are you talking about?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

keyboard

My bad.... The one that is built in the core....
Слaва
Украинi

Kindred

Well, what you describe above is not a standard feature in smf....

Also, please expand further on what you mean by "he has complete access to all"
Users will have access to any subscription that you have...

Or do you mean that the user already has the permissions as if he joined a group?
If the second one, then you have likely misconfigured your permissions.  Please read the wiki article in the manual regarding how permissions work in smf.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

keyboard

Thank you for your quick response.... I think that I need some help here and I am willing to pay someone to figure out how to set the permissions properly. When I approve the membership, is it there where I need to do something ?

I am having problems trying to figure it out..
Слaва
Украинi

Kindred

well, you have two problems... one is likely to be permissions...

the other, though...
when he logs back in,  the user is immediately directed to a Subscription page where he has a choice of three plans to choose.

That is not part of SMF's standard subscription service, as far as I know...
and, if that was a mod or manual hack of some sort, that may be causing your problems...

You never did explain...
Quote from: Kindred on August 26, 2015, 12:38:12 AM

Or do you mean that the user already has the permissions as if he joined a group?
Слaва
Украинi

keyboard

Quote from: Kindred on August 26, 2015, 01:27:56 AM
well, you have two problems... one is likely to be permissions...

the other, though...
when he logs back in,  the user is immediately directed to a Subscription page where he has a choice of three plans to choose.

and, if that was a mod or manual hack of some sort, that may be causing your problems...

I did have someone do that. The logic was that , when the user was approved , the next login would direct them to the Subscription page where they would pick a plan......But the problem is, after I approve the user, he has already all the permissions of a registered paid Subscriber...So he does not need to subscribe because he has access. Permissions seem to be the key solution.
I do lack the intelligence to fully understand this Permissions Thing. I would gladly forward a payPal Donation to anyone who can access the backend to fix this.

You never did explain...
Quote from: Kindred on August 26, 2015, 12:38:12 AM

the user already has the permissions as if he joined a group
Слaва
Украинi

Steve

Quote from: keyboard on August 26, 2015, 09:28:27 AM
Quote from: Kindred on August 26, 2015, 01:27:56 AM
I did have someone do that.

You had someone do what? Install a subscription mod? If so, which one? And if so, mod specific problems need to be asked in that mod's support thread.
DO NOT pm me for support!

keyboard

Hi Steve
I have attached some pics of what I am referring to..... Are these a part of SMF ?
Слaва
Украинi

Illori

Quote from: keyboard on August 26, 2015, 10:03:40 AM
Hi Steve
I have attached some pics of what I am referring to..... Are these a part of SMF ?

yes they are part of the default paid subs feature.

keyboard

Слaва
Украинi

keyboard

Quote from: Illori on August 26, 2015, 10:10:50 AM
Quote from: keyboard on August 26, 2015, 10:03:40 AM
Hi Steve

yes they are part of the default paid subs feature.

Thank you very much !!!   I thought that I was going boinkers !!!!
Слaва
Украинi

Steve

Ah, that is part of the core. I've never turned that on so I've never seen it before. As Kindred said, the problem is going to be in permissions and unfortunately, I'm not familiar with this section of the system.

At least we've clarified what you have and you can be helped from here.

Edit: ninja'd
DO NOT pm me for support!

keyboard

Quote from: Steve on August 26, 2015, 10:13:06 AM
Ah, that is part of the core. I've never turned that on so I've never seen it before. As Kindred said, the problem is going to be in permissions and unfortunately, I'm not familiar with this section of the system.

At least we've clarified what you have and you can be helped from here.

Edit: ninja'd

Are there any "Permission Garu's" that can help me ? As I said before, I would would happily make a donation to anyone who can do this for me.
Слaва
Украинi

margarett

If I understand this correctly, your "Regular Members" membergroup has already too many permissions.

You need to make sure that your subscription members are added to a special membergroup where the permissions are then correct.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

Also, although the screen shots you provided are part of the core ---   the bit that is NOT part of the core is this:

when the user was approved , the next login would direct them to the Subscription page where they would pick a plan.

now -- for your problem...   yes... as margarett says: it sounds like you have granted the "regular members" group the standard permissions.
If you still want registered users to have NO permissions after registering, until they pick a PAID group, then you should set ALL permissions in the reguslar members group to DISALLOW
all EXCEPT: "View their own profile" and "Edit their account setting" (those two would NEED to be set to ALLOW)
You may also want to set some other permissions to ALLOW (like read posts, etc) but those two above are the two important ones that allow them to get to the subscription screen.
Слaва
Украинi

keyboard

Thanks for all the help, I think that I have managed to solve this.....Yes, it was all about permissions...

Great software, Great Forum, Great Support

Much Regards
Ron
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: