News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Unregistered members fix with jQuery?

Started by anonymous423709, August 26, 2015, 10:04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anonymous423709

Hello everyone!

I have a forum hosted with smf.
I have heard from a admin from another forum that he had a jqQuery code system so he can fix the members and add the massages on that losed account.
Does everyone know how to do it? Is it hard to do or not?

Greetings papegaaien en parkieten!

anonymous001

I don't understand what you are trying to explain :-\.
jQuery is a javascript framework, for running client side code. Not sever side.
Using jQuery offers some options for fading in/out content etc. all that design stuff.

All the best;

Kindred

As already stated, there is no "jquery" code to do what you ask. jaheller explained why...

If you are asking about how to associated all of the posts form a deleted account to a new, active account, then Founder 2008 has pointed you to the correct location.

If you are asking how to associate all of the posts form one existing account to another existing account, then you need to add a mod to your site (using the package manager) https://github.com/Spuds/Admin-Toolbox

However, in addition to being slightly confused as to the nature of jQuery... you also seem slightly confused as to who "hosts" your forum. SMF does not provide hosting for any site other than this one. We provide the software -- the hosting is done by other companies who each admin contracts with, individually....   If you are being hosted on a free services like "smfforfree" - be aware, they are not associated with SMF (us) the software...  they are just another hosting company who happens to run our software and provide forums to folks who sign up.   Also, be aware - using a free service like them will limit you in certain ways -- you will not be able to install any mods and probably not any themes...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

anonymous423709

I host a forum at my own. An admin of a other big forum have members en they unregister themselves when they a angry. And the admin can fix the users to conect the old (guest) account to the new account with the same username.
He host a forum with SMF to

Greetings Joey, 

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: