Upgrade doesn't proceed beyond first screen

Started by IlyZor, August 27, 2015, 02:38:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IlyZor

Hey, so I suddenly got some session issues and decided to upgrade SMF 1.1.21 to SMF 2.0.10 . However, I can't seem to proceed past the admin details screen (no matter if I disable security or not).

I just get back to the same screen, no error messages, and with all important fields blanked all over again.

Old thread before upgrade:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=539239.0

IlyZor

Ok, so I uploaded a backup to another mysql database, moved the forum to another dir to make sure nobody interferes with the upgrade, and ran the repair_settings.php but there's no save button! And as such the upgrade.php doesn't find the dirs.

Do I have to revert to the old path and database?

Nevermind, I had edited the settings file manually. I used the old settings and I was able to save the edited ones with the tool. However, upgrade.php still doesn't proceed anywhere.

margarett

You for sure have issues with sessions.

I would suggest you to export your database to your local machine (with XAMPP or similar) and perform the upgrade. Then import the upgraded database to your server again
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

IlyZor

Thanks got it working on a local computer now. Now just got to set it up here and then I'll try to import it back to the site.

I used the standard theme before, is there a new theme handling system in 2.x, which makes themes more compatible with arbitrary packages?

margarett

We still need to investigate the issue with sessions, it will probably show up again when you bring the upgraded forum online...

About themes: SMF 2.0 has Curve as the default theme. All mods are sure to work with it (it's one of the things we ensure when approving them)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

IlyZor

I got it running on the server now and sessions seem fine. Upgrading was most likely the best option.

Advertisement: