News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Bug ? not seeing all mail - only page 1

Started by aegersz, August 27, 2015, 07:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

this is happening to a few members - is it a bug or why do you think this is occurring ?

SMF only displays part of page 1 when viewing inbound mail.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Illori

aegersz

The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

aegersz

sorry, i put this is the wrong forum - 2.0.10, i meant

aegersz

it's only affecting some members, including my smfadmin :(

margarett

Are these members part of some special group?
And can we get a list of mods installed?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

aegersz

actually, it's only affecting one member - me ! i have many mods ... it is also in another group but it's primarily "Admin"

visit http://forum.drugs-and-users.org/index.php/topic,695.0.html for my modlist.

is that ok for you ?

Kindred

what are the CONTENTS of the PM?   I would take a bet that you are NOT using UTF-8 and whatever the PM content are, they were pasted from Word, or something like that
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

aegersz

no, it's not that. i also have a Linux user with the same name and there i can see PAGES of mail that i can't see with SMF.

this config works well in all other instances (it's not my config) but SMF is only showing me a small subset of my total mail.

is there a utility available that re-indexes my mail ?

i just tested my mail and it works but i only see part of page 1.

Kindred

Oh... It's not that you only see part a A message, it's that you only see some of the messages in your pm box....

Hmmmm..., I vaguely remember someone else having this problem...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

aegersz

yes, that's it.

it's not too bad because *I* can find my mail eventually but the others would miss much or have no historical mail to review (via SMF, i mean).

maybe it's because i'm not logged in at the time ?

aegersz

it must be my config.

if you have any thoughts please forward them on.

maybe i should remove/recreate the smfadmin Linux user ?

what do you think ?

Advertisement: