News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Problems with WYSIWYG Editor

Started by Jade Elizabeth, August 28, 2015, 12:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Elizabeth

HOW DO I MAKE THE WYSIWYG STOP REMOVING " type=decimal" FROM MY LIST BBC?!  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

And center tags  :'( :'( :'( :'(

* Jade Elizabeth runs away crying out of frustration :P

Topic title edited for clarity - Iris.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Antechinus

Profile settings > Kill WYSIWYG :D

Or install SCE instead.

Jade Elizabeth

That doesn't really help me, there should be a patch for this? Or something? Even unofficial?

Also Iris I thought my title was pretty clear XD.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Illori

there is no fix for WYSIWYG editor.

Drunken Clam

Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on August 28, 2015, 10:33:06 AM

Then, for someone who has 12k posts, you should understand that it was totally useless to anybody with a similar problem! (as the problem was not apparent from your original title.)

Antechinus

Yeah. It should have been titled "AAAARRGGHH!! FN WYSIWYG!!!!!"

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: Antechinus on August 29, 2015, 12:07:08 AM
Yeah. It should have been titled "AAAARRGGHH!! FN WYSIWYG!!!!!"

Ha ha ha my bad ;)

Quote from: Drunken Clam on August 28, 2015, 04:28:04 PM
Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on August 28, 2015, 10:33:06 AM

Then, for someone who has 12k posts, you should understand that it was totally useless to anybody with a similar problem! (as the problem was not apparent from your original title.)

If you don't know how to search then I can't help you and putting it in the title is not the answer :P.

Drunken Clam

Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on August 29, 2015, 03:20:08 AM
If you don't know how to search then I can't help you and putting it in the title is not the answer :P.

The very fact that Iris had to edit your title for clarity, proves that statement wrong.  :P  (and I know perfectly well how to search.)

Jade Elizabeth

Iris edited it because I was being a moron and [on purpose, for a laugh] made an unhelpful title which will show up in unread lists and support lists and not give anyone trying to help a clue what the topic is about. Having a helpful title is not going to help all that many people find it because people don't look through the board they use search. Looking through the support boards manually is madness.

Also I made the stupid title on PURPOSE for a laugh, so of course I know it was useless. I used to harp on about this crap all the time when I was doing documentation and support so believe me I know it's not helpful, and I wasn't trying to be helpful I was trying to be silly and funny :P. I don't always do that, it was just one time and just for fun.

Anyway, I think this issue should have been addressed by now in a patch or official cust team mod because it's a functionality issue/bug....and I am going to go out on a limb here and say it's probably not going to take too long to fix overall (don't beat me if I am wrong, I don't understand how that stuff works <3).

Illori

the team has been aware of the issues in the WYSIWYG editor for years, they are not easy to fix that is why they have not been fixed. in 2.1 the WYSIWYG editor has been replaced completely due to the issues.

Jade Elizabeth

Okay I thought it might have just been overlooked or put to the side for more important things.

Steve

Replacing it in 2.0.x with the one from from 2.1 would be a massively involved project?

Or is there even one in 2.1?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

there is a different one used in 2.1 -- and replacing it would be a PITA - so no....

There is an mod that tries to incorporate SCE... but I've had (and seen) several issues with using it.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Jade Elizabeth

I am going to absolutely LOSE IT!!!!!!

I AM SICK TO DEATH OF THIS HELLISH THING!!!!!

Every time I copy and paste a quote, or hell put a damn quote in my post or PM it makes it so small you can't even read it and it breaks every bit of BBC in the whole thing!!! and it shows me "[/quote][quote]" with quote being smaller. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE, someone anyone tell me how to fix this or what to do to make this less of the worst thing I have ever worked with. I'm honestly close to tears with frustration and stress here!!! :'(

Jade Elizabeth

On what planet is 2px a readable font size to send an entire PM in?! :(

Antechinus

Why is it suddenly an issue? You've had the thing for years, and you've only just started freaking about it. What has changed?

Jade Elizabeth

I turned it on and tried to revive my forum as a hip place to be in, and it's literally been torturing me all day. I sent like 500 PMs that had 2px font because I didn't realise it changed the size after I pasted a quote (and it looked normal to me so yeah). So then I went into the database to change it (can't edit PMs, let alone 500 of them!) and lost all my line breaks somehow. All I did was a find and replace on font and size tags because they shouldn't have been used. All that did was turn my entire nicely made PMs into a wall of text and it just feels like a disaster :(.

I've noticed others having issues too, and it's always with quoting. I'm more of an advanced user though so I really get into the nitty gritty of BBC etc so I am falling into this pit of awful more than I care to realise. I'm like a gigantic 4 wheel drive trying to drive my way out of a pit of quicksand LOL.

Antechinus

Doesn't change the size when I paste quotes into PM's. Decimal lists work fine too. Just tried it. Using Pale Moon, which should behave the same as Firefox.

Any clues on which browser and OS you are attempting these stunts with? (Bug Reports 101)

Jade Elizabeth

I'm on Chrome, Windows 7.

Also using reseller theme but unsure if that's related.

If I copy and paste the first quote it shows normal until I hit send or preview (which you can't do in newsletters). This is the output in WYSIWYG:

[quote author=Alundra link=action=profile;u=1 date=1441361493]
wiuef hwe hfqwe fqw ef :D

[/quote]

[quote author=Alundra link=action=profile;u=1 date=1441361493][size=2px]wiuef hwe hfqwe fqw ef :D [/size][/quote]

[quote author=Alundra link=action=profile;u=1 date=1441361493]wiuef hwe hfqwe fqw ef :D [/quote]

If I sent it and went into the DB there's also font fields and everything there, it adds it in on send, not creation....so I can't even fix it by removing stuff 100%

And this is what it looks like (see attached - notice the new font tags in the preview that aren't in the code pasted?).

Advertisement: