Problems with WYSIWYG Editor

Started by Jade Elizabeth, August 28, 2015, 12:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

margarett

I would suggest you to try SCEditor instead... Recent browsers broke compatibility with a lot of our editor's JS (the WYSIWYG one)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Jade Elizabeth

OH and if I have a LONG post and backspace somewhere in the middle of it to join two paragraphs it makes the whole thing small as hell....so as you can tell it's a freaking nightmare! XD

Quote from: margarett on September 04, 2015, 06:32:50 AM
I would suggest you to try SCEditor instead... Recent browsers broke compatibility with a lot of our editor's JS (the WYSIWYG one)

Is there a mod for that? I did a search for WYSIWYG and it just moved the torture to the quick reply box XD
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Kindred

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3594

I had serious issues with that mod though -- because any OTHER mod which uses the standard SMF message box entry can screw it up
(I think I had conflicts with AEVA, Articles, the Wiki mod and the FAQ mod)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Jade Elizabeth

I don't think I have any mods like that, I use Auto Embed now also instead of AEVA :D.

It does look nice, I'll give it a go....if nothing else the mod seems like it's been updated recently so if there's bugs the owner is probably around :D.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Jade Elizabeth

I installed that mod and it didn't work out. The buttons were tiny, and it loaded perpetually (the page never stopped loading).

So I uninstalled it and now I can't click smileys :(.
I hard refreshed and even cleared the cache. No errors :(.
Happening on Curve too :(.

* Jade Elizabeth whispers "they all hate meeeee" dramatically

Kindred

restore the backup you took before installing the mod? :P
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Jade Elizabeth

* Jade Elizabeth hopes that tells you she didn't take a backup (because her server wont freaking load pages etc consistently and is a nightmare also)

Jade Elizabeth

I don't think it actually uninstalled...Is there a way I can make SMF think it's installed so I can run the uninstaller?

Kindred

smf_log_packages  there is a flag in that table
Слaва
Украинi

Illori

Jade Elizabeth

Hmm I think I will do the database because it doesn't require files/ftp....quicker :D. Thanks for that link though, it's good to know there's a file for it :D.

I have a feeling this is the problem :/. I guess I will try to parse the mod and if that doesn't work I'll just compare it against a clean install :D.

Advertisement: