News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Design Guidance / Vertical Scrollbar

Started by S_EEk_ER, August 28, 2015, 01:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S_EEk_ER

We have a theme installed which is a Curve variant that we've customized further.

Right below the Hello / Unread Posts / New Replies / Datetime at the very top of the forum, we have added images that link to various parts of our site.  On some browsers, this results in a vertical scrollbar appearing - see attached image.

I'm trying to eliminate the scrollbar.  Before I do anything, I want to do the right thing from a design perspective, so should I:

• Remove the scroll altogether?  I believe this is handled through an "overflow: scroll;" property located somewhere?
  • Increase the size of the upper section with the hope that it removes the scrollbar?  Even if the answer is no here, I would like to see where the height/width is controlled.
  • Decrease the size of the images with the hope that it removes the scrollbar?  I would think this is a poor option.

Once I know the correct design step to take from above, can you also provide guidance on what files I may need to look at/modify, again based off of the Curve theme?

Hope I've posted this to the right section.

Thank-you!

Antes

Open your index.css (Line: 1532)

div#upper_section div.user remove the overflow: auto (or make it visible). Since the container does not have specific height, it'll show extra items inside (and increase the height automatically).

S_EEk_ER

Quote from: Antes on August 28, 2015, 01:40:14 PM
Open your index.css (Line: 1532)

div#upper_section div.user remove the overflow: auto (or make it visible). Since the container does not have specific height, it'll show extra items inside (and increase the height automatically).

Beautiful... doesn't get any easier than that.

P.S. I was so darn close... I had been looking at that exact CSS but wasn't sure what it does!

THANK-YOU!!!

Advertisement: