Newsletter problem - can't send

Started by uscpsycho, August 28, 2015, 04:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uscpsycho

I am trying to send a newsletter to my members and am having a problem.

When I click the button to send the newsletter I get a message on the next screen that says "1.64% done" and below that a button that says Continue (x). Where the X is a countdown that goes Continue (2) Continue (1) Continue (0). I attached a photo.

After the countdown it loads the next screen but no email is ever sent.

When creating the newsletter recipient list if I manually enter my email address as the recipient then I do not get Continue (x) and the newsletter is sent.

However, if I select any membership groups to receive the newsletter, or if I even select recipients by username, then I get Continue (x) and nobody gets the newsletter. And it always says 1.64%.

Long story short:
Newsletter sent to a membership group --> Continue (x)
Newsletter sent to username --> Continue (x)
Newsletter sent to manually entered email address --> success

uscpsycho

Trying from another computer I saw the percentage climb up (previously it never got past 1.64%) but the newsletter still was not sent.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

uscpsycho

Not that I know of. But wouldn't I have to send a lot of email to trigger the throttles?

I tried sending an email to a group with just one user in it and the newsletter wasn't sent. But if I manually enter the email address the newsletter is sent.

uscpsycho

BUMP!

Any help please?

Still having trouble sending to any membergroups. I can send to manually-entered email addresses but anything I try to send to a membergroup doesn't go through.

Jade Elizabeth

Try enabling the mail queue in the settings and making it send say 1 on each load and per minute, and see if it populates the queue.

Do you have any mods installed?
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

keyboard

Hi
I am having the same almost identical problem !!!  I have also changed the "Load" to 2 and it did the same thing.

When I click the button to send the newsletter I get a message on the next screen that says "1.64% done" and below that a button that says Continue (x). Where the X is a countdown that goes Continue (2) Continue (1) Continue (0). I attached a photo.

After the countdown it loads the next screen but no email is ever sent.

Please advise......If you want access, I will happily provide.

Ron
Слaва
Украинi

Colin

Interesting.

Are you using SMTP or send_mail?
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

keyboard

Quote from: Colin on December 07, 2015, 05:56:37 PM
Interesting.

Are you using SMTP or send_mail?
Hi Colin
Many thanks for your interest..  I go to admin/Maintenance/mail/mail type/PHPDefault. This is what it is set at ....
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: