News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

one member sees "Messages[1]" despite no new mail.

Started by aegersz, August 29, 2015, 08:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

re. SMF 2.0.10

Hello Support and SMF Gurus,

i have seen this with my own eyes - one member is informed that they always have new mail, but they don't.

this has got me baffled ... in the past, i could blame it on myself but this time, i see a real bug ... well, i'm sure i do.

i didn't want to delete all messages - is there any way to correct this ?

(mod list at http://forum.drugs-and-users.org/index.php/topic,695.msg2320.html#msg2320)

is there something i can patch in the database  or is that too risky ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Illori

have you run the maintenance task to fix and repair errors?

aegersz

you helped me fix this - i had to run "Recount all forum totals and statistics" instead of "Find and repair any errors" (which i ran).

thank you SO much ! i will mark this as solved.

i guess i ought to try ALL those things next time.

thanks yet again guys, i love this "forumware" and strive to keep everyone happy.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Advertisement: