I can't set quick reply ON by default, on Display.template.php cod. Help please.

Started by Maximetinu, August 29, 2015, 10:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximetinu

This is my display.template.php code. I tried to change some things but it doesn't work at all. Anyone can help me please? What have I to modify in code?

Thanks!

Edit...  Code removed because it won't fit in a post. Use attachments if you must include a file

Kindred

Well, first of all, if you are running 2.0.x, why did you post in the 2.1 support area...   Moved

Second, there is too much code in the file to include like that. As the edit note indicates, use attachments to include a file, in the future, not code tags and paste the whole file into a message.

Third...  What do you mean?
If you screwed up a file, then just restore the backup that you too before you started...
If you don't have a back up, the remember to make on next time...  And, in the mean time, restore a clean copy of the file from the distribution archive... Either install or upgrade.

fourth...why are you changing code?  Setting the quick reply is doable in the admin (read the wiki for specifics of where it is...  I think it is in the set member options, under themes)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

Quote from: Kindred on August 29, 2015, 11:31:42 PM
fourth...why are you changing code?  Setting the quick reply is doable in the admin (read the wiki for specifics of where it is...  I think it is in the set member options, under themes)

actually for new members it seems this is broken. as per http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=420017.0 i had tested it and confirmed in 2.0 that the quick reply cannot be expanded even if set as so for new members.

Antechinus

Yeah he wants to have it so new members have the quick reply expanded. I told him to just bump the old thread about it and attach his template, but he seems to have confused himself a bit.

The edit itself is a piece of cake, once we know what his template looks like (dunno if it has already been modded or not).

Maximetinu

People!

My apologies for my last post, I was a bit confused, yes.

This time I attach the file display.template.php.

I have already tried to modify the code (the //), and changed the settings from admin's panel too, with no result.

I know this is a bug from 2.0 smf. It means that it is definitely impossible to do? Or is there a way?

If someone knows exactly how to modify the code for that, I would be very thankful if shared the secret with me.

Antechinus

This should work. The trick is to remove the conditionals for the javascript, so that it can't ever collapse.

Maximetinu

With a newly registered user

Yeah! It works! Great solution, thanks a lot, you really help me!

I wonder if that text description... "En la Respuesta rápida puedes escribir un mensaje..." Is it removable?

Thanks a lot again! :)

br360

Yes, you can change/edit or remove that text description in languages/index.(your language you are using).php

margarett

Actually I think it should be better to remove the paragraph in the template, instead of outputting an empty string ;)
<p class="smalltext lefttext">', $txt['quick_reply_desc'], '</p>

(probably just append a style="display:none;" would also work)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Illori

Quote from: br360 on September 01, 2015, 12:13:41 PM
Yes, you can change/edit or remove that text description in languages/index.(your language you are using).php

if you do edit it in that file do not remove the complete line or your error log will up with errors, you can remove the text between the single quotes and not generate error messages.

Antechinus

Quote from: Maximetinu on September 01, 2015, 12:08:15 PM
With a newly registered user

Yeah! It works! Great solution, thanks a lot, you really help me!

I wonder if that text description... "En la Respuesta rápida puedes escribir un mensaje..." Is it removable?

Thanks a lot again! :)

Attached, with no text description.

Advertisement: