News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

White Screen of Death after clearing all logs

Started by Felikx, August 30, 2015, 06:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Felikx

So my forum went completely blank after i clicked "clear all logs" i tried restarting the webserver etc but it still blanks out.
My SMF version is SMF 2.0.10

Any idea what is happening? thanks in advance for any help!

Kindred

without further information, we really can have no idea...

When a WSOD happens, it is a server-side error. Assuming your server/host has things configured normally, there will be a file created called error.log or errorlog. or something along those lines.

That should give some indication of WHY the WSOD is triggering.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Felikx

I've checked my error.log files, they give completely nothing

Kindred

What do you mean "they give completely nothing"?

The file is not present? It is present but blank?

without information we can not even begin to suggest what may have happened.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Felikx

It is blank (but with other non related errors). and really the only information i have is that the WSOD appeared after i removed all the error logs wich there were around a 1000 of em

Felikx

Anyway i just reinstalled the forum, i'll try to remove the logs from phpMyAdmin when i need to remove em

Kindred

I believe that you are looking at the wrong thing.

I was not talking about the DATABASE (which is the SMF errorlog) -- I said there should be a FILE...

The SMF error log will never show anything regarding a WSOD, because the WSOD is an error in the PHP level - which means that the script stops -- and thus, no log can be written to the SMF database.   However, if you server is correctly configured, the SERVER will log such a catastrophic error.

Слaва
Украинi

Gluz

For a WSOD and nothing in the error logs, I find in one site on a cheap host that by deleting the content of the cache folder bring back the forum to function normally. It's weird, I search through this forum and just a few people mention something similar but clue of what happened.

Maybe you should try that, at least is nothing that harms the installation.

Kindred

Glu,

Your situation is rather unique and is unlikely to be occurring to anyone else.
Additionally, just throwing out random "well it could be..." doesn't actually help anyone -- which is why I have been asking for the actual LOG file which would tell us the REASON for the error.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: