highlight topics on homepage

Started by Goten22, August 30, 2015, 11:30:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goten22

I want to display, on homepage, topics which are highlighted by moderators. Moderator will be able to highlight every topic. I'm wondering how to do this. I don't know if it's possible to add some kind of mark/state other than "sticked" and then check which topics have this state and display them.

I'll be grateful for any help.

Pipke

This can be done with the simpleportal mod, then add topics as articles with permissions on the homepage.
More info here
"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

Click here to view my mods for SMF

Hey 👋 Did i helped... you like what i do. You can now buy me a coffee! ☕

Goten22

Thanks, it's good but is there any syntax that I could paste to simpleportal block and edit a bit?

Pipke

Quote from: Goten22 on September 01, 2015, 04:11:25 AM
Thanks, it's good but is there any syntax that I could paste to simpleportal block and edit a bit?

You should ask support for that on the Simpleportal website  :P
"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

Goten22

I'll do. ;)

And how about this addon? http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1354 Can I somehow select existing posts and change them to articles rather than creating them from scratch?

Pipke

Quote from: Goten22 on September 01, 2015, 05:18:01 AM
I'll do. ;)

And how about this addon? http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1354 Can I somehow select existing posts and change them to articles rather than creating them from scratch?

I think so, never used that mod, but with Simpleportal 'articles' you can also select existing topics.

Goten22

In simpleportal you can do this by default but block that displays on homepage is a bit poor. No comments no image thumbnail etc.

In SMF addon i can't find any new button in topics or such option in settings.

Pipke

You must style it then i guess with your own likenings,a s i said that support you can/must get at the simpleportal site.

Advertisement: