News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Won't upload Post.php to upgrade

Started by Steelponycowboy, August 30, 2015, 02:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelponycowboy

Getting this error when trying to transfer the file Post.php from the Sources file when trying to upgrade to the new version.

Has my forum all screwed up now,  cannot post anything new to forum.

HELP

Kindred

1- this is probably an issue with your host.
2- the way we have seen others work around this is to use the host control panel/file manager to upload the file instead of FTP.

3- talk to your host and tell them to remove whatever misconfigured "security" protocol they have tat is automatically deleting (and preventing the upload of) the SMF file(s)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steelponycowboy

Ok, got that fixed with one call to GoDaddy.    The apparant problem was that I use CuteFTP Pro to do all my FTP stuff,  some of the files would not upload.    I tried using GoDaddy's FTP and it isn't compatible with FireFox.   So I switched to Chrome and all is well.

Well sort of, got the upgrade done and working now the forum displays the following message:

"Remember, this forum is in 'Maintenance Mode'."

I don't know how to get rid of it now :-(

Illori

so you can still log in even though it is in maintenance mode? then go to the server settings page in the admin panel and turn it off.

Steelponycowboy

THANKS !

Everything is back to "normal"  :D

Advertisement: