News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

E-mail verification and forgot password links not working

Started by Oboiro500, August 30, 2015, 09:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oboiro500

Hi,
Yes I have shecked error Log and this is what I found:

"Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URLhttp://destinycontrolmetaphysics.org/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=topics;u=26285Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message2: fsockopen() [<a href='function.fsockopen'>function.fsockopen</a>]: unable to connect to mail.dewahost.net:25 (Connection timed out)Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /home/spirit/public_html/DestinyControlMetaphysics.org/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Line: 1332"
I have also Looked at the wiki.simplemachinesorg/smf/E-mails....... The answer you gave there reagarding the second message regarding fsockopen () is different in my case as you can see from my error log.
Kindly advise me.
Regards,
oboiro500

Kindred

ummmm....   are you the same site/person as the original poster?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Oboiro500

Hi,
I have just receive email from my host. They examined the error report I sent them. This is their reply "To connect to your emails and send you would need to use port 26 or port 465. Please consult with the forum developer to determine if the email sending function needs to be set to a different port."

Respond please.
oboiro500

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Oboiro500

No. I am a different person with identical problem.
Oboiro500.

Kindred

Then please start your OWN thread next time....  (this time the thread has been split)

Because you don't actually KNOW that your issues are "identical" AND, once we solve the original poster's issue, the thread would get marked as solved, regardless of the status if YOUR issue.
Слaва
Украинi

Oboiro500

I use 2.0.2 build. This was installed in 2014 and upgraded once.

The forgot password and email verification are not working. I checked error log and found the following with regard to verification email: "Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URLhttp://destinycontrolmetaphysics.org/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=topics;u=26285Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message2: fsockopen() [<a href='function.fsockopen'>function.fsockopen</a>]: unable to connect to mail.dewahost.net:25 (Connection timed out)Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /home/spirit/public_html/DestinyControlMetaphysics.org/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Line: 1332
My host wrote: do you know which script is sending the mails, and if this could be related? It is possible the mailer script is having trouble with the GET method when collecting data from the registration form, and the mail is never created?

The error message for forgot password was this: "Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URLhttp://destinycontrolmetaphysics.org/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=topics;u=26285Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same messageCould not connect to SMTP host: 110 : Connection timed out"
My host said with regards to this that my forum was trying to send mail through port 25. Their port works on port 26. Can smf be set to work on other port other than 25?

Illori

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Oboiro500

Hi,
I had joined one started by someone else. On your advice, I created my own thread that is about a combination of verification email and forgot password link. Reason I created my own thread is that if the other one was resolved the thread would close without regard to my issue. Should I deleted one of them, rename mine, or start another one? Kindly advice me soon.
Oboiro500.

margarett

Check your mail settings:
index.php?action=admin;area=mailqueue;sa=settings

There you will find the SMTP port in use, just change it to 26
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Steve

Quote from: Oboiro500 on September 01, 2015, 05:18:12 AM
Hi,
I had joined one started by someone else. On your advice, I created my own thread that is about a combination of verification email and forgot password link. Reason I created my own thread is that if the other one was resolved the thread would close without regard to my issue. Should I deleted one of them, rename mine, or start another one? Kindly advice me soon.
Oboiro500.

Kindred has already taken care of this for you. This is now your thread.

Now read margarett's post above this one. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Oboiro500

Hi margarett,
Quote from: margarett on September 01, 2015, 06:41:31 AM
Check your mail settings:
index.php?action=admin;area=mailqueue;sa=settings

There you will find the SMTP port in use, just change it to 26

I navigated to the mail queue in phpMyAdmin. See atttached screen shot. Unfortunately, I cannot find settings menu. Please help.

Kindred

no.... not directly in the database!

there is an interface in SMF admin for it...
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF2.0:Mail

there should rarely, if ever, be a reason to edit anything directly in the database
Слaва
Украинi

Oboiro500

Sorry to bother you. There is not link from the page http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF2.0:Mail#Mail_Settings to "Mail settings". It is not under admin on the forum or installation details. Please advise.

margarett

Go to your forum, to your admin panel. Then

Administration Center » Maintenance » Mail » Settings

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Oboiro500

Oboiro500

Problem persits. New error message I got was Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URLhttp://destinycontrolmetaphysics.org/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=13143Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same messageRan into problems sending Mail. Error: 550 this server without authentication.

I sent this to my host and they sent this reply: "Can you p'lease clarify is the authentication enabled on the software you are using?
This needs to be done in order for you to access the server."

margarett

What are the other settings that you have in the mail settings page?

Advertisement: