GUEST posts: Deleting them all?

Started by Nodaz, August 31, 2015, 02:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illori

that is basically the same idea that was suggested above but using the default feature to reassign posts, which has a bug.

Quote from: fapp4ever on August 31, 2015, 10:26:18 PM
Would it be possible to make a 'dumper account' then transfer all posts from user Guest - > Dumper account username? Then just hose the dumper account.

I've never tried transferring from guests, just a shot in the dark here.

if you are ever to be playing in the database you should do a backup first just in case something goes wrong.

Antechinus

No, it's basically different.  The idea is to not use the default reassignment feature. The idea is to use an SQL query to do the reassignment directly in the db then, after posts and topics are reassigned, use the admin gui to dump the disposable account.

Jade Elizabeth

Yeah it's completely different....I also thought that you had to attribute posts by username anyway which would make the admin reassignment really difficult. Anyway it's different because it does it all manually for the whole database, so if there would have been errors with the admin thing this should bypass them for sure.

Quote from: shawnb61 on September 02, 2015, 12:42:05 AM
Just quickly scanning the DB and looking for id_msg (or similar), there appear to be connections in many tables:
smf_attachments
smf_log_topics
smf_log_mark_read
smf_digest
smf_log_reported
smf_log_search_messages
smf_log_search_results
smf_topics   (things like first & last)

Unless you have attachments on for guests you wouldn't need to worry about that in this case. I believe the logs are cleaned up by the admin thing as well, but topics and messages tables need to be done definitely. If you're changing the user ID's throughout the whole database though then that should not be a problem in any way....it's just like if they were always that members posts to begin with. Running the admin fix errors thing is just a safeguard to ensure it's all connected correctly before you flush it, if you know what I mean ;).
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Advertisement: