News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Removing navigation off of simple portal

Started by XxRedxNeckxX, September 01, 2015, 10:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XxRedxNeckxX

Im using simple portal for my front page. And im wanting to remove the navigation and the search box off of it. Any info or steer me into the right directions. How to do this. Really just the right file

Kindred

what navigation?  The topnav menu?  If so, that is not part of the portal - that is basic code in the standard template (index.template.php)

if you are talking about some OTHER navigation, you need to be more specific

but, why would you want to remove the main menu?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

XxRedxNeckxX

Quote from: Kindred on September 01, 2015, 10:12:05 AM
what navigation?  The topnav menu?  If so, that is not part of the portal - that is basic code in the standard template (index.template.php)

if you are talking about some OTHER navigation, you need to be more specific

but, why would you want to remove the main menu?

I just want to remove it from the portal so i can just put a image and a login/register button. Just something clean

margarett

You need to be more specific, I'm sorry. Maybe a printscreen and mark the changes you want?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

I *THINK* what he's trying to say is that he wants his homepage (portal frontpage) to be just a splash screen image and a login or register button

While that might be possible - it would require some recoding...  Conditionals in the menu items or on the menu itself...

additionally, just so you know XxRedxNeckxX splash screen landing pages went out of style years ago. Users want to SEE what they are getting into BEFORE registering and, once they are registered, they want to jump right into the site --- foring them to go through a spalshscreen/intermediary page is a poor experience and will annoy most users.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: