Steam icon on profile

Started by RICH BEAST, September 01, 2015, 10:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH BEAST

Hello guys, im looking for a plugin for steam icon on profile.
All the plugins i found are old ..
Can some1 help?

Thank you very much.

margarett

Are you using 2.1 Beta?

If so, I don't know of any MOD which works with it, but you can still create your own custom profile field ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

RICH BEAST

Quote from: margarett on September 01, 2015, 10:25:16 AM
Are you using 2.1 Beta?

If so, I don't know of any MOD which works with it, but you can still create your own custom profile field ;)
Yes, im using 2.1 beta, i tried but im not that really good coder ...
Need some help maybe some edits at a mod that already exists .

Kindred

you don't need to CODE anything.

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF2.0:Features_and_Options#Custom_Profile_Fields

However, I certainly hope that you are NOT using the beta version on a live/production site...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

RICH BEAST

Quote from: Kindred on September 01, 2015, 03:01:54 PM
you don't need to CODE anything.

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF2.0:Features_and_Options#Custom_Profile_Fields

However, I certainly hope that you are NOT using the beta version on a live/production site...
What im looking for is a plugin with steam icon :/
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2769
This one should work i guess.

Edited : nevermind guys, i installed http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2769
If perfectly worked.

Kindred

well...   for one - you did not need to do that. Custom profile fields do exactly that (and tons more) without a mod

for two - if you are asking these sort of questions, then you probably should not be using the Beta version... definitely not on a production site

for three -- that mod was not designed for 2.1 and probably will cause errors.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

RICH BEAST

Quote from: Kindred on September 01, 2015, 04:19:32 PM
well...   for one - you did not need to do that. Custom profile fields do exactly that (and tons more) without a mod

for two - if you are asking these sort of questions, then you probably should not be using the Beta version... definitely not on a production site

for three -- that mod was not designed for 2.1 and probably will cause errors.
Im using 2.1 beta verson on my forum.
It didnt cause any error.

RICH BEAST

Anyway, im now looking for a auto message sender.
When someone registers he automatically  gets a welcome message.
I had it on my old forum, looked for it but i didnt find it.
And im also looking for profile views, i also had it on old forum...
Thank you,

Kindred

I will repeat again...   2.1 is in **BETA** that means that MOST mods WILL NOT WORK correctly.

This is, yet again, the reason we are telling people -- DO NOT USE 2.1 BETA ON A PRODUCTION SITE
Слaва
Украинi

margarett

That's now a new request, please make sure you follow each subject till it's over.

About this new request: the fact that 2.1 is still in beta means that most MOD developers aren't still updating their code, exactly because beta software changes (sometimes a LOT) and then they need to update and update and update...
So no, there should be nothing that officially works in 2.1 and does what you want...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

RICH BEAST

Quote from: Kindred on September 01, 2015, 05:39:31 PM
I will repeat again...   2.1 is in **BETA** that means that MOST mods WILL NOT WORK correctly.

This is, yet again, the reason we are telling people -- DO NOT USE 2.1 BETA ON A PRODUCTION SITE
I understand what you mean, but i have lots of plugins on my forum, they all work fine.

Quote from: margarett on September 01, 2015, 05:45:32 PM
That's now a new request, please make sure you follow each subject till it's over.

About this new request: the fact that 2.1 is still in beta means that most MOD developers aren't still updating their code, exactly because beta software changes (sometimes a LOT) and then they need to update and update and update...
So no, there should be nothing that officially works in 2.1 and does what you want...
Well im going to test it before i put it on my forums.
I guess the plugins im searching for are simple and wont make any problems (profile views/welcome message).

Advertisement: