News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

123 flashchat menu button

Started by smitch6, September 01, 2015, 10:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smitch6

just had someone install 123 flashchat onto my website but as is common they didn't actually know the software or SMF but said they did when they took my money  >:(

i've now got a chat button on the menu bar which is good as it helps users go straight to the chat however there's also a chat admin button

i don't want anyone going in the chat until i've managed to get everything sorted properly which could take some time as i need someone who actually knows the 123 flashchat software in depth

does anyone know if i can hide this button? or edit it?
i've attached a pic of it

also if anyone knows the 123flashchat software and can help with what i want pls do get in contact
Friendly, reliable web hosting at affordable prices
www.normanboatforum.co.uk l www.PatTesterSuffolk.co.uk

Kindred

depends how it was "installed"

if there is no direct interface, and the button code was added directly to the menu array, then changing the 'show' -> line to FALSE will remove the button from view until you want to change it back
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

smitch6

any ideas where that code will be pls
it was installed via package manager as it's showing there
but don't want to un-install it as it might throw the chat out again

smitch6

the chat management button is for the settings,
but that part isn't anywhere in the admin section apart from on that button which is really annoying as it looks horrid altho thankfully only to me

Kindred

ummm....   well, again, it depends on HOW it was installed --

if it was inserted into the menu array in Subs.php, then you can edit it there.
if it was inserted via hooks, then it migth be slightly more complicated since I don't know WHERE the insertion code is.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

According to their installer, you should find it in a file named "ChatButton.php" under Sources folder.
$menu_insert_buttons['chat'] = array(
'title' => 'Chat',
'target' => '_blank',
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=chat',
'is_last' => !$context['right_to_left'],
'show' => true,
);

Change
'show' => true,
to
'show' => false,
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

ah... it was using hooks.   Good catch margarett

Do note, smitch6 -- if you use any language other than English, that mod apparently uses hard coded text strings and will not be translated.
Слaва
Украинi

smitch6

thats got the chat button hidden thanks :)

any ideas how to swap the admin bit and the chat around so it looks better on my menu when i do set it all up pls

margarett

Sure, just swap the code that adds both buttons in the same file ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

smitch6

your a star thanks
just need someone who knows the 123flashchat software now to change the coding for me

Advertisement: