News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

arrowchat header and footer

Started by smitch6, September 01, 2015, 12:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smitch6

Hi
i'm installing arrowchat chat bar on my forum
the instructions say-
Add this code to your page's header right after the <head> tag:

<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" id="arrowchat_css" media="all" href="/forum/arrowchat/external.php?type=css" charset="utf-8" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="/forum/arrowchat/includes/js/jquery.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/forum/arrowchat/includes/js/jquery-ui.js"></script>

and-

Add this code to your page's footer right before the </body> tag:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/forum/arrowchat/external.php?type=djs" charset="utf-8"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/forum/arrowchat/external.php?type=js" charset="utf-8"></script>

i added it to the /themes/default/index.template.php file and got a major error page lol

can someone tell me where to place the code exactly pls?
Friendly, reliable web hosting at affordable prices
www.normanboatforum.co.uk l www.PatTesterSuffolk.co.uk

Kindred

are you actually using SMF 2.1 beta?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

smitch6

Friendly, reliable web hosting at affordable prices
www.normanboatforum.co.uk l www.PatTesterSuffolk.co.uk

margarett

As always with adding HTML code in PHP files, you can't just paste the code somewhere ;)
You need to make sure that all the HTML (and JavaScript) is inside an "echo" statement. Also make sure that any single quotes are escaped with a backslash (although that code doesn't seem to have any).

Moving to Coding ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: