News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Search Engines log not option this to be cleaned ?

Started by Kiriakos GR, September 01, 2015, 12:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiriakos GR

blog name / Community Forum »   Administration Center »  Search Engines »  Stats

My Blog and forum is now three years old,  the specific spiders log have now over 250 pages, and I do wonder if there is a way so this to be deleted?

From the other hand I have no idea, in which way such collected information's have any real use for the admin?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

i dont believe that includes the spider log.

i dont think they get easily be purged in 2.0 but can be in 2.1.

lurkalot

Quote from: Illori on September 01, 2015, 02:11:36 PM

You can at least prune them back using the delete entries at the bottom of the spider log page.

Delete all entries older than [1] days.

[Delete]

Kiriakos GR

Quote from: Illori on September 01, 2015, 02:11:36 PM

Yes there is no such delete option at 2.0.10,   but is this so difficult this to be added at  2.0.11 ?

Antechinus

Illori

Quote from: Kiriakos GR on September 11, 2015, 03:49:05 AM
Yes there is no such delete option at 2.0.10,   but is this so difficult this to be added at  2.0.11 ?

we dont add features in 2.0, it is feature locked.

Kiriakos GR

Good to know. 
And one very last question, is the non-beta 2.1 this is going to be available prior 2016 ? 

Illori

Antechinus

Quote from: Kiriakos GR on September 11, 2015, 03:49:05 AMYes there is no such delete option at 2.0.10,  but is this so difficult this to be added at  2.0.11?

Are you comfortable with using phpMyAdmin? That's the simple way to do what you want. All you need to do is select the the two tables that log spiders, then empty them.

If you're not used to this stuff, make sure you do not drop the tables. Just empty them. If you're not used to this stuff, back up your db first. :)

Sea Mac

Quote from: Antechinus on September 11, 2015, 07:03:15 AM
Quote from: Kiriakos GR on September 11, 2015, 03:49:05 AMYes there is no such delete option at 2.0.10,  but is this so difficult this to be added at  2.0.11?

Are you comfortable with using phpMyAdmin? That's the simple way to do what you want. All you need to do is select the the two tables that log spiders, then empty them.

If you're not used to this stuff, make sure you do not drop the tables. Just empty them. If you're not used to this stuff, back up your db first. :)
My Hero!!!  O:)

This has been a serious flaw in SMF for YEARS!!! 3 Years I've been complaining ... same answer: maybe some year we'll fix this oversight ...  (CLEARLY NOT in 2015!!! Doesn't look promising for 2016 either.)

See the 3 screenshots in response to your screenshot!

Know that my database performance WAS Slowed by having to juggle this stupid overburden ... 5 YEARS of stuff I could NOT get rid of!!!!!!

Many Thanks AGAIN!!!!

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

For easy reference

ManageMaintenance.php, find
$smcFunc['db_query']('truncate_table', '
TRUNCATE {db_prefix}log_search_results');

Add after

// Clear spider stats
TRUNCATE {db_prefix}log_spider_hits');

TRUNCATE {db_prefix}log_spider_stats');

There. Delete from unimportant logs too ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: