News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

New Themes Issue

Started by desiamerican26, September 01, 2015, 10:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

desiamerican26

Hello Friends,

I am having one small issue while uploading any new themes on my site. Please check the attached image.

Any Theme that I am uploading, I am getting that issue.

My Site: www.desi-american.com

Please help me out there on hot to remove that.

Thank You
Nikhil

br360

Are you talking about the harmful programs warning one gets when clicking on your site link?

desiamerican26

@br360....that is one issue that I am having. That shows just on Google Chrome, but when go through Internet Explorer, it shows fine. It's just the chrome messing me up on that.

Sorry, i didn't attach the image. Please check attached.

br360

Are you using a download link mod by chance?

desiamerican26

Nope. Below is the list of Mods that I am using currently.

1.   KeyCAPTCHA for SMF
2.   Say Thanks
3.   SMFPacks: SEO Lite Mod   1.0 
4.   SEO Sitemap   2.2.1     
5.   Simple Audio Video Embedder   3.0     
6.   Ad Managment   3.2     
7.   Hide Content   1.1.3     
8.   SimplePortal   2.3.6     
9.   Like Posts   2.0.3     
10.   Optimus Brave   1.8.7     
11.   Better Profile Menu   1.9 
12.   Google Analytics Code

br360

I do apologize, but it's hard to check it out. I am getting security warnings on chrome and firefox; and when I check your site out using IE, I keep getting pop ups telling me to install video software to continue.

desiamerican26

Please see attached. The Site is completely Safe. I can assure you that. I am not sure why Google Chrome has to do that. I have submitted a report regarding this to Google.

You can just click on VISIT THIS SITE and can proceed.

Kindred

the warnings suggest that you MAY have been hacked... or that you have something poorly coded which is triggering the warnings.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

desiamerican26

@kindred

I checked under Google Webmaster. They have the warning for Malware on site. But i am pretty sure that there is nothing on my site as Malware. It has been happening last few months on and off. I file complaint on Google Webmaster and it gets fixed for few and then they come back again with same crap.

Of what i am thinking that this could be the ad's like to what  br360 said, about downloading stuff....but that's just a pop up ad that is set as default from the ad company.

Kindred

Can you try disabling the ad and then seeing if the warning happens?

Regardless of you SAYING that your site is "safe" - then warnings are going to keep most people from visiting.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

desiamerican26

You are actually right. That is one possibility. I disabled the ad's. I am waiting on Google to remove that warning. Will update you as soon as the warning is off.

margarett

Quote from: desiamerican26 on September 01, 2015, 11:24:57 PM
I checked under Google Webmaster. They have the warning for Malware on site. But i am pretty sure that there is nothing on my site as Malware. It has been happening last few months on and off. I file complaint on Google Webmaster and it gets fixed for few and then they come back again with same crap.
Just a side information about this: it happened to me some time ago on a Joomla site I help maintaining (no SMF there). I got these warning but I saw no malware :o So I reported to Google Webbaster and the warnings were off for some days/weeks. Then the warning was back, blablabla...
This lasted for some time, until about a month ago the site got hacked :o

So make no mistake. It *IS* likely that your site is compromised...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

desiamerican26

Oh No @Margarett  :(

What can I do now to save it? I actually been reporting it to Google Webmaster for quite a while now. May be like since February or March.

Please Help Here  :-[

Thank You
Nikhil

margarett

First I would suggest you to have a chat with your host about this. Maybe they can help you identify the issue.

About the supposed hack, I think you need to:
a) generate a full backup of your forum (files + DB)
b) Load a fresh set of files --> http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files (note step 2 in that page, don't skip it)
c) Change all your important passwords: your administrators, your database password, FTP, cPanel.

Of course you will loose functionality for a while. First reinstall your theme and SP (I think you need it to run your site) but keep SMF's default theme for a while. Wait some time to see if Google complaints again. If not (and I would expect it won't) then you can proceed to switch to your theme as well as reinstall MODs.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

desiamerican26

Great!! Thanks a lot for your advise Margarett. I will follow these steps and wait if that warning pops up again and also I disabled the ads that I had on site.

On Webmaster I received Google's message:

"Congratulations! Google has received and processed your malware review request. We did not detect any malware on your site.
As a result, we're removing the malware warning from your site. This may take some time to happen. (You can check the status of your malware review at any time using Webmaster Tools.)
To keep your site safe, we recommend the following:
Ensure you've enabled message forwarding in Webmaster Tools. This will ensure that you get notified straight away if we discover any more critical issues on your site.
Visit Webmaster Tools to regularly check up on site health.
Check out stopbadware.org for updates and best practices on keeping your site safe and secure
."

So  I am just gonna give it another week or so to see how it goes without those ad's which I was thinking is giving issues.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions and help.

[edit] removed glow so the text can be read -- Illori

Steve

I'll go ahead and mark this solved then. If the problem reoccurs, just mark the topic not solved again and let us know what's happening. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: